A partnership between PNNL and the University of Maryland for research, modeling and integrated analysis at the interface of human, energy, and environmental systems.
The Joint Global Change Research Institute (JGCRI) was established in 2001 as a partnership between PNNL and the University of Maryland (UMD) in College Park, Maryland. JGCRI benefits from PNNL’s and UMD’s expertise and research facilities, as well as a broad range of national and international partnerships and collaborations.
JGCRI is known for its research, modeling and integrated analyses at the interface of human, energy, and environmental systems. JGCRI is a global leader in the interdisciplinary field of integrated assessment of global change. The Global Change Analysis Model (GCAM), at the core of JGCRI’s integrated capabilities, is a global integrated model that includes both comprehensive and detailed representation of human systems that drive or are affected by global environmental change. JGCRI research results are used widely in reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the U.S. Global Change Research Program, U.S. Federal agencies, and leading think-tanks, private sector firms, and non-governmental organizations. Internships and fellowships at JGCRI provide training and research opportunities for a new generation of scientists.
PNNL researchers at JGCRI reside within the Earth and Biological Sciences Directorate of PNNL and the Division of Research at UMD. UMD researchers at JGCRI include students and professors from across the University of Maryland community.
- Interim Director: Larry Berg (PNNL)
- Nicholas Allen (PNNL Administrator)
- Sean Eustis (PNNL – Technical Specialist)
- Kali Jokerst (PNNL – Project Coordinator)
- Paulette Land (PNNL – Administrator)
- Nana Mills (PNNL – Project Coordinator)
- Mina Nweke (PNNL – Project Coordinator)
- Rosina Bierbaum (Center for Global Sustainability, University of Maryland)
- Yiyun “Ryna” Cui (Center for Global Sustainability, University of Maryland)
- William Lau (Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center, University of Maryland)
- Nathan E. Hultman (Center for Global Sustainability, University of Maryland)
Joint Global Change Research Institute
5825 University Research Court, Suite 3500
College Park, MD 20740
Directions to our facility can be found here: Directions to JGCRI.
For questions about the web site, email email@example.com.
For individual staff contact info go to our staff listing.
Using Google Maps or GPS