PNNL maintains deep research ties with its university partners, often through joint appointments and institutes that create enduring relationships. Our internship programs are highly sought after.
PNNL offers graduate and undergraduate internships in a wide range of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields, as well as in business. Opportunities are available during the summer and throughout the academic year. Internships enable students to work in laboratories alongside experienced researchers, develop skills, and build mentoring relationships.
Every year PNNL hires hundreds of interns through the following programs:
- DOE Community College Internships
- DOE Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships
- PNNL Business Support Interns
- National Security Internship Program
- Technical Project Interns
- Joint Global Change Research Institute
- PNNL Safeguards Internship Program
Direct questions about internships and other student opportunities to PNNL’s Work-Based Learning Office.