- Technology Research
- Technology Development
- Meet the Team
- Triton Stories
- Work With Us
Triton talks webinars
- Introducing the Triton Initiative and the Triton Field Trials (February 2022)
- Predictive Modeling with Kate Buenau (March 2022)
- Science Communication with Cailene Gunn (April 2022)
- Electromagnetic Fields with Molly Grear (May 2022)
- Collision Risk with Garrett Staines (June 2022)
To watch past Triton Talks webinars, go the Triton Talks YouTube Playlist
- September 2022: Story on Marine Energy Sustainability | Spotlight on Rachael Gallodoro | Triton at Ocean Energy Week 2022 | and More
- August 2022: Anthropogenic Light Research | Flow Noise Fieldwork | Webinar on Changes in Habitat and Marine Energy Sustainability | And More!
- July 2022: Triton Field Trials Make a Splash | Surrogate Wildlife Tests | Webinar on Underwater Noise, Anthropogenic Light | And More
- June 2022: Special Issue on Triton Field Trials | In the Field with BioSonics | Webinar on Collision Risk | And More
- May 2022: Science Takes a Team | Triton Talks Webinar on Electromagnetic Fields | Triton Welcomes Michael Richlen!
- April 2022: Story on Types of Marine Energy Devices | Dive Check in California | Triton Talks Webinar on Science Communication
- March 2022: Story on Emma Cotter | Triton Talks Predictive Modeling Webinar | Planning for Future Fieldwork
- February 2022: Creative Communications | Video: TFiT | Launching Triton Talks and more
- January 2022: Thank You Partners | Underwater Noise Field Trials in California | Triton Talks Webinar Series and More!
- December 2021: Anthropogenic Light Project; Beneath the Surface – Triton California Field Tests; Introducing Triton Webinar Series
- November 2021: Introducing Triton 3.0; Field Research Prep; Water Women Podcast
- October 2021: Triton Stories spotlight the Triton Intern Experience; California Field Research Prep; New Video; Spotlight on Emma Cotter; Triton Featured on the Water Women Podcast
- September 2021: Triton Stories on FOA projects; Fieldwork at MCRL; Spotlight on BioSonics; Session at Ocean Sciences Meeting 2022; Olympic Peninsula Audubon Society supports Triton’s bird observations
- August 2021: Triton Stories on Simon Geerlofs; In the Field at the Living Bridge; Spotlight on Christa Hvidsten; Collision Risk Nutshell Video
- July 2021: Triton Stories on Cailene Gunn; Collision Risk Fieldwork; EMF Field Tests; and Welcoming Christa Hvidsten
- June 2021: Triton Stories on Genevra Harker-Klimeš; Collision Risk Fieldwork; MCRL Field Tests; and Celebrating World Oceans Month
- May 2021: Triton: Samantha Eaves Featured in Triton Stories; Prepping for Field Work; Rare Fish Found at MCRL; Triton News; and Triton's Cailene Gunn
- April International Conference on Ocean Energy Special Issue: Kate Buenau’s Poster on Models for Environmental Monitoring; Triton Stories on Meg Pinza; and Alicia Amerson Presents Public Seminar on Triton
- April 2021: Triton Stories on Sue Southard; Field Testing with TFiT's Change in Habitat Team; and Triton Celebrates Earth Day
- March 2021: Triton Stories on Alicia Amerson; Field Testing with Nolann Williams; and BioSonics Perimeter Detector
Triton Special Issue
Results and recommendations from the Triton Field Trials were then published in the Journal of Marine Science and Engineering special issue entitled, “Technology and Methods for Environmental Monitoring of Marine Renewable Energy.” Read the special issue here!
- Listen to Triton Project Manager Alicia Amerson on the Water Women podcast: Episode 84 - What is the deal with Marine Energy with Alicia Amerson
- Triton Communications lead Cailene Gunn was also featured on the Water Women podcast: Episode 92 - Communicating Science is Fun!! with Cailene Gunn
Webinars and Workshops
- In May 2022, Triton led a successful workshop that convened numerous subject matter experts from multiple countries to discuss the best way to measure particle motion to characterize underwater sound around marine energy installations. View the workshop's keynote presentation by Arthur Popper: Particle Motion, Fishes, and Invertebrates: What We Know and Don't Know!
- The Triton Talks webinar series is a monthly deep-dive into the research and results of the Triton Field Trials. Starting February 2022, these webinars are held the third Thursday of every month. To watch past webinars in this series, go the Triton Talks YouTube Playlist.
- The Water Power Technologies Office hosted an R&D Deep Dive webinar series to share updates on tools, analysis, and emerging technologies to advance marine energy. Alicia Amerson and Joe Haxel presented on Underwater Observations – Monitoring the Environment around Marine Energy Devices on June 24, 2021. View the presentation here.
- Alicia Amerson presented for PNNL’s Community Science and Technology Seminar Series on Triton’s role in improving environmental monitoring technology and methods used to understand stressors caused by marine renewable energy devices. The seminar is titled Improving Environmental Monitoring, Reducing Stressors, and Getting Marine Renewable Energy Devices into the Water. Watch the seminar here.
- The Kearns and West Marine Energy Toolkit webinar series featured Triton Field Trials fish collision research and Triton Field Trials case studies for marine energy generated underwater noise. Watch Garrett Staines' webinar on collision risk here. Watch Joe Haxel's webinar on underwater noise here.
- The Triton Field Trials team hosted the Collaboration for Marine Renewable Energy Environmental Monitoring Guidelines webinar at the Global OCEANS 2020 Conference. Watch the webinar here.