1. We proposed a hierarchical coordination framework for reliability coordinator, transmission operators and utilities, as shown in Figure 3.
2. We proposed a five-stage coordinated restorage process for T&D&C systems and compared it with existing transmission-oriented restoration process.
3. The project team developed an improved “rewiring” method  to generate the topology of a synthetic communication system based on a given grid topology and communication system, and created a synthetic communication system for a synthetic 200-bus regional Illinoi grid  (See Figure 5)
4. We developed a prototype visualization tool for visualizing the grid, communication systems and their interdependence (See Figure 6)
Figure 6. A grid-communication visualization prototype tool
5. We built an ns-3-based test platform for grid communication networks (See Figure 7) and applied it to analyze communication network performance in terms of communication delays under both normal and storm conditions (See Figure 8)