The goal is to demonstrate the value of calculating RAS parameters in an adaptive way and the impact of the DOE OE Advanced Grid Modeling program on the industry planning and operation practice. The deliverable will be a working prototype, Transformative RAS Tool (TRAST) to be tested by the power industry, running in real-world environment.
TRAST provides a full suite of advanced functionalities, as follows:
- Advanced statistical data analysis
- OPF-based automated power flow case generation
- Customized dynamic simulation in HPC/cloud platform
- Machine-learning-based RAS coefficient prediction
- A reliable RAS validation strategy in multiple commercial platforms