Resources for RT3D
There are a number of helpful resources for using/applying RT3D. Start with the first item and continue down the list as needed.
- RT3D Documentation – Includes manuals about the code and how to use it.
- MT3DMS Manual – RT3D is an offshoot of MT3DMS, thus much of the information in the MT3DMS manual applies to RT3D (the biggest exception being the reaction package).
- RT3D FAQ – The FAQ covers many common questions and points to relevant resources.
- Training Short Courses – Provides hands-on training in how to use groundwater modelling software.
- Contact the RT3D Developers – This option would be for issues not covered by the above resources.
- Hire PNNL (Battelle PNWD) or Dr. Clement as a consultant – For challenging problems, customization of RT3D, or when users need further assistance, it may be most cost effective to hire the RT3D team (see what we do). We have a wide range of expertise, are focused on solving users' problems, and provide quality work.
Training opportunities are periodically available for hands on short courses in using RT3D. Many of these training opportunities are offered by the graphical user interface developers. Additional opportunities are available from national organizations such as the National Ground Water Association. The RT3D development team occasionally participates in some of these training opportunities.
Related Modelling and Reactive Transport Web Sites
- MT3DMS - Dr. Chunmiao Zheng
- MODFLOW - U.S. Geological Survey
- International Ground Water Modeling Center
- Battelle-organized: In Situ and On-Site Bioremediation Symposium, International Conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds
- MODFLOW and More
(and other conferences)
Forums, Discussion Groups, and Mailing Lists
- Aquaveo Forums
Forums for discussion of GMS, SMS, and WMS. Look in the GMS forum (or possibly the MODFLOW forum) for RT3D-related threads.
- Google Groups on Modflow and Groundwater Modelling
- Yahoo! (India) Groups set up by C.P. Kumar for GMS, Visual Modflow, and Groundwater Vistas