Todd Billow is a senior product designer and leader of the Human Centered Computing group in the National Security Directorate at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). Since 1996, he has continued to build his experience in user interface design, interaction design, visual design, and user research in commercial environments. This experience includes work as an agency consultant for leading companies, such as Microsoft, T-Mobile, Starbucks, and Willis-Towers Watson.
At PNNL, Billow’s focus is in designing analytic environments for national security sponsors in risk modeling, cybersecurity, and streaming analytics.
- Human-machine teaming
- Explainable artificial intelligence
- Novel visual analytics environments
- Immersive environments for analytics (augmented reality and virtual reality)
- Product strategy
- Vision development
- MS in information design and strategy, Northwestern University
- BS in Human Centered Design and Engineering, University of Washington