Dr. Duckworth is a senior national security specialist and leads the Nuclear Materials Team within PNNL’s National Security Directorate. She serves as a U.S. expert in arms control and nuclear nonproliferation globally, with more than 25 years of experience in nuclear weapons production and maintenance environments and 17 in arms control and nonproliferation.
In addition, Dr. Duckworth is an industrial and organizational psychologist, specializing in process and human performance optimization. She serves as a university relationship manager for the National Nuclear Security Administration Graduate Fellowship Program and supports various PNNL internships with the goal of developing the next generation of experts in national security.
Dr. Duckworth, a veteran, served more than six years in the U.S. Navy as a nuclear weapons technician. She also led operations and nonproliferation programs at the Pantex Nuclear Weapons Production Plant in Texas.
Disciplines and Skills
- Nonproliferation Program Management
- New Technology Research and Evaluation
- Conduct of Operations
- International Projects
- Process Optimization
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Ph.D., Psychology, Capella University
- M.S., Industrial Org Psychology, Capella University
- M.S., Organizational Leadership, Colorado State University
- M.S., Management, Colorado State University
- B.S., Human Services Psychology, Wayland Baptist University
Affiliations and Professional Service
- Society for Psychologists in Leadership