Aron Gorham is an experienced mechanical engineer and project manager with special expertise in national security. He is the group leader of the Engineered Systems group supporting the National Security Directorate at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). In his role, Gorham provides technical expertise and manages the design, manufacture, and testing of systems and equipment for deployed use. Gorham has an extensive background in process and mechanical equipment design, procurement, installation, and start-up. He possesses the natural ability to resolve design issues and lead large multi-disciplinary projects to completion.
Prior to joining PNNL, he worked in the private industrial sector as well as the public sector serving in the United States government in a variety of roles, including engineering manager, project engineer, functional manager, and project manager. In his project management roles, his responsibilities included control account management, where he utilized the earned value management system for complex Department of Energy projects. Gorham also has significant experience in systems engineering and configuration management where he worked to establish project configuration management and requirements management programs in accordance with the published standards.
Gorham holds a Professional Engineering license (mechanical) in Colorado and Washington from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying. He is also a certified Project Management Professional.
- Additive manufacturing–novel feedstock and advancing techniques
- Rapid prototyping of embedded systems, software, firmware, and hardware
- Radio-frequency sensing and communications utilizing edge intelligence
- Maritime sensing and autonomy
- Nuclear materials and security
- BS in mechanical engineering, Colorado State University, 1996
Affiliations and Professional Service
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1995 – Present
Awards and Recognitions
- Individual Performance Award for the National Security Directorate at PNNL, May 2022 and October 2022