EMSL's aberration-corrected Titan 80-300™ scanning/transmission electron microscope (S/TEM) provides high-resolution imaging with sub-angstrom resolution and spectroscopic capabilities. This state-of-the-art instrument is equipped with a Schottky field-emission electron source, an electron gun monochromator, a spherical aberration corrector for the probe-forming lens, a high-angle annular dark-field (HAADF) detector, an energy dispersive X-ray spectrometer, and an electron energy loss spectroscopy.
- Aberration-corrected S/TEM HAADF provides direct structural imaging with sub-angstrom resolution.
- High-resolution transmission electron microscope (TEM) atomic level imaging.
- 3-D tomographic imaging enables morphology, structure, and chemical measurements.
- Electron energy loss spectroscopy with energy resolution of 0.3 eV allows chemical and electronic structure analysis with atomic level resolution and band gap measurement.
- Energy-dispersive spectroscopy for elemental composition analysis.
- Lorentz microscopy for study of magnetic materials.
- Electron holographic imaging of electrical and magnetic fields charge distribution.
- Cryogenic imaging capability for the study of biological samples.
- The microscope is fitted with a range of in-situ TEM holders, enabling dynamic liquid biasing and nanoscale manipulation experiments.