Small Business Program
In support the U.S. Department of Energy's objectives, PNNL plans to award a portion of its business to the following types of businesses during Fiscal Year 2023:
- 50% to Small Businesses
- 5% to Small, Disadvantaged Businesses
- 5% to Small, Women-Owned Small Businesses
- 3% to HUBZone Businesses*
- 5% to Veteran-0wned Businesses*
- 3% to Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses
*SBA certified, visit the Small Business Administration web site for more information.
Mentor Protégé Program
PNNL's Mentor-Protégé Program is a DOE initiative designed to encourage and assist small businesses in an effort to enhance their capabilities to perform contracts and subcontracts for PNNL, DOE, and other Federal agencies. Our objective is to foster long-term business relationships and increase the number of small businesses that receive DOE contract and subcontract awards. In addition, the program provides guidance and use of research facilities and staff to assist small business in their respective industries. If you are interested in the program please contact PNNL's Small Business Program Manager for more information.
What We Buy
As a research-and-development organization, PNNL purchases a broad spectrum of goods and services through Contracts Specialists. We rely on world-class technologies from around the world, we also contract for a variety of professional services.
One of the best things a small business can do is to enter their company profile into PNNL's Supplier Database, Acquisition Supplier Portal.
Selling to PNNL
PNNL seeks responsible suppliers committed to delivering the specified goods or services on time and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract. Suppliers will need to take the initiative to get to know their customers.
The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory welcomes the opportunity to purchase goods and services from small businesses. PNNL seeks responsible suppliers committed to delivering high quality goods or services on time and in accordance with the agreed to terms. PNNL is always looking for suppliers who want to be part of our team. Please read further on how you can help us meet our needs and become part of a winning team.
Small Business Outreach Events
- Join us at the “DOE & PNNL Small Business Synergy Day” on Wednesday, November 8, 2023, from 8:30am – 2:30pm on the PNNL Richland, WA campus (in-person only)! More information can be found here. Register here.
- Join us at the next Doing Business with PNNL Seminar Series in early FY24! Register in PNNL’s Acquisition Supplier Portal to receive event information as its released.
- To view recording the recording of the PNNL Campus Construction webinar which occurred on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- To view the recording of the Richland Campus Construction webinar which occurred on Thursday, January 27, 2022
- To view the recording of the Acquisition Forecast and Small Business Program webinar which occurred on Tuesday, July 20, 2021
- To view the recording of the Construction and Design Services at PNNL-Sequim webinar which occurred on Thursday, March 25, 2021
Stay tuned for information on the next installment of PNNL's Small Business Program's new seminar series, "Doing Business with PNNL".
If you would like further information or need assistance, please contact PNNL's Small Business Program Manager:
Small Business Program Manager
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352