Life@PNNL is a cornerstone in the PNNL employee experience. We hope you’ll take advantage of its many programs and activities and get involved with professional networks, social clubs, and charity and service projects.
Life@PNNL offers staff discounts, internal classified ads, and laboratory-wide events, like the annual Taste of Diversity Street Fair. You can keep active through basketball and other sports leagues, walking paths, and much more.
To focus on your health and well-being, we promote healthy habits through guest speakers, an ergonomics program, influenza vaccine clinics, health fairs, safety mixers, and a Weight Watchers at Work program.
Team Battelle is a staff-driven program to support volunteerism and other activities important to PNNL employees. These include arts and culture, education, civic and community organizations, and health and human services.
PNNL also creates a more inclusive and healthy environment through employee resource groups. They work with the diversity and inclusion office to create a more inclusive professional, educational, and social culture for PNNL employees. The groups host guest speakers, connect with community organizations, share educational resources, and host all-staff events.
You may be interested in one or more of PNNL’s employee resource groups:
- Associated Diverse Abilities @ PNNL Team (ADAPT) is for individuals with diverse abilities (often referred to as disabilities) and their supporters.
- Asian Resource & Outreach Connection (AROC) encourages, develops, and promotes professional growth and success of Asians, Asian Americans, and Pacific Islanders.
- Black Community Connection (BCC) celebrates African-American contributions and creates community.
- Hispanic Outreach for Leadership Advancement (HOLA) promotes a community of cultural inclusion through networking, education and outreach at PNNL.
- Native American and Indigenous People (NAIP) creates an inclusive environment for professionals by promoting Native American heritage through education, networking, cultural and social opportunities.
- Prism promotes a safe, inclusive space that fosters an accessible community among LGBTQ+ staff and allies at PNNL.
- SPARK supports career development for women and gender minorities.
- The Veterans group extends their unique training and leadership to PNNL.