and Information for
and Information for
Need to change your address?
Email email@example.com to change your address on file with PNNL. PNNL will transmit the address change for medical, dental, and the 401(k) savings plan, if enrolled.
You will need to contact the Pension Center and Via Benefits, if enrolled, directly to update your address. Their contact information is listed below under the “Who to Contact” section.
PNNL’s COBRA administrator, Businessolver, will mail you a COBRA notification and election form within three weeks of your last day of active group coverage. Your last day of active group coverage will be the last day of the month in which you terminate.
COBRA paperwork is required to be mailed to all employees whose active group health coverage has terminated.
If you enrolled in retiree health insurance, then you have no action, unless you want to continue the Employee Assistance Program, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, or vision coverage. Vision coverage would only be necessary if you are Medicare-eligible; vision coverage is included under the Retiree Network Only medical plan for retirees that are not Medicare-eligible.
Medical, Dental, and Retiree Direct Billing
If you enroll in the PNNL Retiree Network Only Plan, Retiree Dental Plan, and/or Retiree Basic Life Insurance, you will make your premium payments to PNNL’s direct billing administrator, Businessolver.
You will receive a direct billing packet from Businessolver approximately three weeks after your retirement date. You must remit your premium payments to Businessolver by the due date stated in the direct billing packet. The first of the month following your retirement date, log on to www.benefitsolver.com using the company key “Battelle.” Here you will find your account statement to make payments for your retiree insurance.
Your premium is due on the first day of each month and the grace period expires 30 days later. If you do not pay on or before the end of the grace period, your coverage ends on the last day for which your premium payment covered. Once coverage ends, you cannot re-enroll and you forfeit your PNNL HRA contribution eligibility when you become Medicare-eligible.
You will have the option to pay using automatic bank draft, check, or money order. Automatic bank draft is the preferred payment method. If you pay using automatic bank draft, the premium will be taken from your bank account on the fifth of each month. If you pay using check or money order, each payment must be postmarked on or before the end of the 30-day grace period.
- Medical: If you enroll in the PNNL Retiree Network Only Plan, you will receive a new Anthem ID card approximately two weeks after you retire.
- Vision: Vision coverage is included in the PNNL Retiree Network Only Plan and will continue to be through VSP. You will not receive a vision card. Your provider will continue to use your personal information to verify coverage with VSP.
- Dental: If you enroll in the Retiree Delta Dental Plan, you will not receive a card. Your dentist will continue to use your personal information to verify coverage.
- Medicare: If you are eligible for Medicare and enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B, and a Medicare supplemental plan with Via Benefits, you will receive new medical and prescription plan ID cards in the mail from your new providers. Your new medical and prescription plan ID cards should arrive within three to four weeks after your retirement date. Make sure to notify your providers that you are now covered by Medicare.
Battelle Employees’ Savings Plan
Contact Vanguard Participant Services at 800-523-1188 or log in to your Vanguard retirement account for assistance with accessing your Battelle Employees’ Savings Plan account balance, reallocating your investments, requesting a withdrawal/rollover or setting up installment payments.
Beneficiaries: Your plan beneficiary designation supersedes your will regarding plan savings. Federal law requires that your employer distribute your savings to the beneficiary named in your plan. If you are married, or if you have a registered partner, your spouse (or registered partner) must consent to your beneficiary designation if you name someone other than your spouse (or register partner) as your primary beneficiary. Your spouse (or registered partner) will be required to sign a consent form and have it notarized.
To name a beneficiary or change your beneficiary information, log in to your Vanguard retirement account. Navigate to "Menu", "My Profile", then "Beneficiaries". When designating an individual as a beneficiary, you will need to provide that person's date of birth and either the person's mailing address or last four digits of their Social Security number. You may also designate a trust or your estate as a beneficiary.
To commence pension payments under the PNNL Pension Plan, you must be 100% vested in the PNNL Pension Plan. Five years of vesting credits are required to be considered fully vested.
You can update your beneficiary designation, run an estimate of your pension benefit or complete the process to commence pension payments through the Battelle Pension Service Center or by calling 800-752-6573.
The first time you visit the Battelle Pension Service Center, click the “Get Started” button under “New Users.” Then, simply follow the prompts to register your account:
- You’ll use the last four digits of your Social Security number, your last name, date of birth, and ZIP code to identify yourself. You can then create your own username and password, which you’ll use to log in each time you return to the website.
- The enhanced website security system will also require you to establish a mobile phone number or email account where a unique access code can be sent each time you log in to the website. This added layer of multifactor authentication security helps protect your pension information.
You can call the Battelle Pension Service Center at 800-752-6573 whenever you have questions or need help with your pension benefit. Representatives are ready to assist you between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT, any business day. You can also use the convenient online chat tool to get answers to your questions instantly.
If you have a vested HAMTC pension benefit you will need to contact Hanford Mission Integration Solutions (HMIS) at 509-376-0623 to request your pension estimate and election paperwork. Please complete the provided forms and return them directly to HMIS. We recommend contacting HMIS about three months before your desired retirement date.
If you are interested in porting or converting your life insurance, contact Unum at 866-269-0978 within 31 days of retiring.
If you are interested in converting your group accident insurance to an individual policy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The documents on this page are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. You must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or download them. Get the free Acrobat Reader.
Who to Contact
Group Accident Insurance
company key: Battelle
Battelle (c/o Bussinesolver)
P.O. Box 310512
Des Moines. IA 50331-0512
PNNL Benefits Office
DELTA Dental of Ohio
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Account
Medical, Prescription, and Vision
CVS Caremark Prescription Drug Plan
Vision Service Plan (VSP)
Medicare Supplement Insurance & Reimbursement Account
Battelle Pension Service Center
National Bond & Trust
Salaried Staff: Plan # 092024
Bargaining Unit: Plan # 093233