and Information for
and Information for
Need to change your address?
Email email@example.com to change your address on file with PNNL and Battelle. For all other address changes, contact the plan administrator directly.
If you are not Medicare-eligible and enroll in the retiree medical and dental plans, you do not need to take any action regarding the COBRA packet. If you are Medicare-eligible and enroll in Medicare and/or the retiree dental plan, you do not need to take any action regarding medical and dental coverage under COBRA. However, as a Medicare-eligible retiree, you will not have vision coverage through Battelle, therefore you may want to enroll in vision coverage through COBRA.
About three weeks after you retire, you will receive a retiree direct billing and/or COBRA packet from Businessolver. The first of the month following your retirement date, log on to http://www.benefitsolver.com using the company key “Battelle.” Here you will find your account statement to make payments for your retiree insurance. You must remit your premium payments to Benefitsolver by the due date stated on your account statement. The preferred form of payment is automatic bank draft.
Your premium is due on the first day of each month and the grace period expires 30 days later. If you do not pay on or before the end of the grace period, your coverage ends on the last day for which your premium payment covered. Once coverage ends, re-enrollment is not permitted, and you forfeit your Battelle Health Reimbursement Account contribution eligibility when you become Medicare-eligible.
Medical, Dental, and Retiree Direct Billing
If you enroll in the Battelle Retiree Anthem Network Only Plan and/or Battelle Retiree Dental Plan, you will need to set up your retiree direct billing with Businessolver to remit your monthly medical and/or dental premiums. You will need to remit your premium payments to Businessolver by the stated due date in the retiree direct billing packet. If you miss a payment, your coverage will be canceled and you cannot re-enroll. You will also forfeit your eligibility for the Health Reimbursement Account allocation from Battelle when you become Medicare-eligible.
- Medical: If you enroll in the Retiree Anthem Network Only Plan, you will receive new Anthem and Caremark ID cards approximately two weeks after you retire.
- Vision: Vision coverage is included in the Retiree Anthem Network Only Plan and will continue to be through VSP. You will not receive a vision card. Your provider will continue to use your personal information to verify coverage with VSP.
- Dental: If you enroll in the Retiree Delta Dental Plan, you will not receive a card. Your dentist will continue to use your personal information to verify coverage.
- Medicare: If you are eligible for Medicare and enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B, and a Medicare supplemental plan with Via Benefits, you will receive new medical and prescription plan ID cards in the mail. Your new medical and prescription plan ID cards should arrive within three to four weeks after your retirement date.
Make sure to notify your providers that you are now covered by Medicare.
Battelle Employees’ Savings Plan
- Contact: Vanguard Participant Services at (800) 523-1188; The Vanguard Group (http://www.vanguard.com/)
- Beneficiaries: Your plan beneficiary designation supersedes your will regarding plan savings. Federal law requires that your employer distribute your savings to the beneficiary named in your plan. Did you know that if you are married, or if you have a registered partner, your spouse must consent to your beneficiary designation if you name someone other than your spouse as your primary beneficiary? Your spouse will be required to sign a consent form and have it notarized.
To name a beneficiary or change your beneficiary information, log on to your account at vanguard.com/retirement plans. Navigate to Menu, My Profile, then Beneficiaries. When designating an individual as a beneficiary, you will need to provide that person's date of birth and either the person's mailing address or last four digits of their Social Security number. You may also designate a trust or your estate as a beneficiary.
To update your beneficiary designation, run an estimate of your pension benefit, and/or complete the process to commence pension payments, visit the Battelle Pension Service Center.
The first time you visit the Battelle Pension Service Center, click the “Get Started” button under “New Users.” Then, simply follow the prompts to register your account:
- You’ll use the last four digits of your Social Security number, your last name, date of birth, and ZIP code to identify yourself. You can then create your own username and password, which you’ll use to log in each time you return to the website.
- The enhanced website security system will also require you to establish a mobile phone number or email account where a unique access code can be sent each time you log in to the website. This added layer of multifactor authentication security helps protect your pension information.
You can call the Battelle Pension Service Center at (800) 752-6573 whenever you have questions or need help with your pension benefit. Representatives are ready to assist you between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT, any business day. You also can use the convenient online chat tool to get answers to your questions instantly.
If you have a vested HAMTC pension benefit you will need to contact Hanford Mission Integration Solutions at 509-376-0623 to request your pension estimate and election paperwork. Please complete the provided forms and return them directly to Hanford Mission Integration Solutions. We recommend contacting them about three months before your desired retirement date.
If you are interested in porting or converting your life insurance, contact Unum at (866) 269-0978 within 31 days of retiring.
If you are interested in converting your group accident insurance to an individual policy, contact a benefits consultant.
NOTE: The documents on this page are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. You must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or download them. Get the free Acrobat Reader.
|Employee Last Name||Benefits Staff Member||Phone|
|Subject Area Contact||E-mail/URL||Phone|
Group Accident Insurance
Mailing address: Battelle (c/o Bussinesolver) P.O. Box 310512, Des Moines IA 50331-0512
company key: Battelle
|PNNL Benefits Office||See contact information above|
|DELTA Dental of Ohio||Deltadentaloh.com||800-524-0149|
|Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Account|
company key: Battelle
|Medical, Prescription, and Vision|
|Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield||Anthem.com||800-514-3021|
|CVS Caremark Prescription Drug Plan||CVS Caremark||877-668-8993|
|Vision Service Plan (VSP)||www.vsp.com||800-877-7195|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance & Reimbursement Account|
|Battelle Pension Service Center||www.myplansconnect.com/battelle||800-752-6573|
|National Bond & Trust||nbtco.com||800-426-9314|
Location: ROB, Room 1286
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 999, Richland, WA 99352
Fax: (509) 375-4455