Kent Bloodsworth is an expert in the field of analytical chemistry, specifically liquid chromatography and mass spectometry (MS) methods developed for high throughput MS-based applications. His experience includes sample preparation, instrument optimization and operation, LC method development, data acquisition, and analysis. Kent has developed advanced chromatographic approaches and capabilities for both metabolomic and lipidomic separations coupled to different MS platforms, including Orbitrap, IMS-TOF, and FTICR-MS.
- BS, General Biological Sciences, Washington State University
- MS, Biology, Washington State University
- Kyle J.E., G. Clair, G. Bandyopadhyay, R. Misra, E.M. Zink, K.J. Bloodsworth, and A.K. Shukla, et al. 2018. "Cell type-resolved human lung lipidome reveals cellular cooperation in lung function." Scientific Reports 8, no. 1:Article No. 13455. PNNL-SA-132404. doi:10.1038/s41598-018-31640-x
- Kyle J.E., C.P. Casey, K.G. Stratton, E.M. Zink, Y. Kim, X. Zheng, and M.E. Monroe, et al. 2017. "Comparing Identified and Statistically Significant Lipids and Metabolites in 15-Year Old Serum and Dried Blood Spot Samples for Longitudinal Studies." Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 31, no. 5:447-456. PNNL-SA-121197. doi:10.1002/rcm.7808
- Tolic N., M.M. Tfaily, Y. Shen, R.K. Chu, T.L. Fillmore, R. Zhao, and K.J. Bloodsworth, et al. 2016. "Soil Organic Matter (SOM): Mass Spectrometry Data Analysis." In Encyclopedia of Soil Science, Third Edition, edited by R Lal. Boca Raton, Florida:CRC Press. PNNL-SA-117244. doi:10.1081/E-ESS3-120053757
- Shi T., Y. Gao, M.J. Gaffrey, C.D. Nicora, T.L. Fillmore, W.B. Chrisler, and M.A. Gritsenko, et al. 2014. "Sensitive Targeted Quantification of ERK Phosphorylation Dynamics and Stoichiometry in Human Cells without Affinity Enrichment." Analytical Chemistry 87, no. 2:1103-1110. PNNL-SA-103421. doi:10.1021/ac503797x