Arun Devaraj is a materials scientist in the Physical and Computational Sciences Directorate at PNNL. His research focus is microstructure-property relationships of metallic alloys, oxides, and composite materials. Dr. Devaraj has extensive experience in applying atom probe tomography (APT) for material characterization, in addition to scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, focused ion beam, transmission electron microscopy (TEM), X-ray absorption near edge spectroscopy, scanning transmission X-ray microscopy and in-situ high energy X-ray diffraction at beamlines in various U.S. Department of Energy synchrotron facilities.
Specifically, Devaraj is interested in microstructure evolution in metallic alloys used in various structural applications, ranging from automotive applications, nuclear materials, and other energy related applications. He is also focused on nanoscale characterization of lithium/sodium (Li/Na) ion battery materials, catalysts, and high strength natural biomaterials.
Structure-property relationships of metallic alloys, including:
- microstructural evolution;
- thermodynamics and kinetics of phase transformation;
- grain boundary segregation and precipitation;
- room temperature and elevated temperature mechanical property-microstructure correlation in bulk, surface, and joints of materials;
- influence of processing by thermo-mechanical treatments on microstructure;
- understanding the effect of ion and neutron irradiation on material microstructure; and
- correlating experimental results with atomic scale computational results from Density Functional Theory, Molecular Dynamics, Monte Carlo methods, or finite element method (FEM)-based theoretical calculations.
Developing APT for:
- Understanding phase transformations in metallic alloy systems;
- pushing the boundaries of APT application, especially for analyzing nanoscale composition of complex oxides, nanoparticles, and porous materials used for variety of energy and environmental applications;
- direct correlation of APT-TEM-level set or FEM APT simulations for understanding and correcting for aberrations in APT reconstructions for complex materials; and
- development of APT for analysis of hard biological materials, like teeth from different animals.
Multimodal chemical imaging of energy materials by correlating APT analysis with variety of other characterization techniques, including:
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy;
- X-ray diffraction;
- nuclear magnetic resonance; and
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy.
Disciplines and Skills
- Creative Problem Solving
- Electron Microscopy
- Focused Ion Bean
- Materials Science
- Metal Fabrication
- Metal Materials
- Metal Matrix Composites
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Nuclear materials processing
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy
- X-ray Diffraction Analysis
- PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, University of North Texas
- BS in Metallurgical engineering and Material Science, Malaviya National Institute of Technology
Affiliations and Professional Service
- American Vacuum Society
- Microscopy Society of America
- Member, Steering Committee, International Field Emission Society
- Editor, PLOS One
- Editor JOM: Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
- Elected Leader, Microscopy Society of America’s Atom Probe Tomography Focused Interest Group (2015-2016)
- Lead Organizer, Atom Probe Tomography Focus Topic Symposium, 61st American Vacuum Society National Meeting (2014-2016)
- Selected Representative, Vehicles Materials Research at Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (EMSL), National User Facility Organization, Congressional Science Expo, Washington DC. (2014)
Awards and Recognitions
- Early Career Award, Basic Energy Sciences, U.S. Department of Energy (2020)
- EMSL Director's Award for Creativity in Research (2013)
- Scientist and Engineer Development Program, PNNL (2013-2015)
- Outstanding Leadership and Service Award, Department of Material Science and Engineering, University of North Texas (2011)
- Outstanding International Graduate Student Award by Robert Toulouse Graduate School, University of North Texas (2010)
- Elected President, Materials Advantage Chapter of University of North Texas (2008-2011)
- Highest Performance Rating, “Benchmark to Employee Performance,” Annual Employee Performance Review, Essar Steel Ltd (2006)
- Bard A., X. Zhou, X. Xia, G. Zhu, M.B. Lim, S. Kim, and M.C. Johnson, et al. 2020. "A Mechanistic Understanding of Nonclassical Crystal Growth in Hydrothermally Synthesized Sodium Yttrium Fluoride Nanowires." Chemistry of Materials 32, no. 7:2753-2763.
- Kautz E.J., W. Ma, S. Jana, A. Devaraj, V.V. Joshi, B. Yener, and D.J. Lewis. 2020. "An image-driven machine learning approach to kinetic modeling of a discontinuous precipitation reaction." Materials Characterization 166.
- Manandhar S., A.K. Battu, A. Devaraj, V. Shutthanandan, S. Thevuthasan, and C.V. Ramana. 2020. "Rapid Response High Temperature Oxygen Sensor Based on Titanium Doped Gallium Oxide." Scientific Reports 10, no. 1: Article No. 178.
- McCarroll I.E., P. Bagot, A. Devaraj, D.E. Perea, and J. Cairney. 2020. "New frontiers in atom probe tomography: a review of research enabled by cryo and/or vacuum transfer systems." Materials Today Advances 7.
- Ballor J.P., M. Ikeda, E.J. Kautz, C. Boehlert, and A. Devaraj. 2019. "Composition-Dependent Microstructure-Property Relationships of Fe and Al Modified Ti-12Cr (wt.%)." JOM. The Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society 71, no. 7:2321-2330.
- Devaraj A., W. Wang, V.R. Vemuri, L. Kovarik, X. Jiang, M.E. Bowden, and J.R. Trelewicz, et al. 2019. "Grain Boundary Segregation and Intermetallic Precipitation in Coarsening Resistant Nanocrystalline Aluminum Alloys." Acta Materialia 165.
- El-Atwani O., N. Li, M. Li, A. Devaraj, J.K. Baldwin, M.M. Schneider, and D. Sobieraj, et al. 2019. "Outstanding Radiation Resistance of Tungsten-based High Entropy Alloys." Science Advances 5, no. 3: Article No. eaav2002.
- Jana S., N.R. Overman, A. Devaraj, L.E. Sweet, C.A. Lavender, and V.V. Joshi. 2019. "Discontinuous Precipitation in U-10 wt.%Mo Alloy: Reaction Kinetics, Effect of Prior gamma-UMo Microstructure, the Role of Grain-Boundary Misorientation, and the Effect of Ternary Alloying Addition." JOM. The Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society 71, no. 8:2770-2779.
- Kautz E.J., D. Burkes, V.V. Joshi, C.A. Lavender, and A. Devaraj. 2019. "Nanoscale spatially resolved mapping of uranium enrichment." Scientific Reports 9, no. 1: Article No. 12302.
- Kovarik L., A. Devaraj, C.A. Lavender, and V.V. Joshi. 2019. "Crystallographic and Compositional Analysis of impurity phase: U2MoSi2C in UMo Alloys." Journal of Nuclear Materials 519.
- Perea D.E., D.K. Schreiber, A. Devaraj, D. Reilly, S. Lambeets, E.J. Kautz, and T.G. Lach, et al. 2019. "Exploring New Science Domains with Atom Probe Tomography Enabled by an Environmental Transfer Hub." In Proceedings of Microscopy and Microanalysis 2019, August 4-8, 2019, Portland, OR, 25, 276-277. Cambridge:Cambridge University Press.
- Settle A., N.S. Cleveland, C. Farberow, D. Conklin, X. Huo, A. Dameron, and R. Tracy, et al. 2019. "Enhanced Catalyst Durability for Bio-Based Adipic Acid Production by Atomic Layer Deposition." Joule 3, no. 9:2219-2240.
- Yan P., J. Zheng, Z. Tang, A. Devaraj, G. Chen, K. Amine, and J. Zhang, et al. 2019. "Injection of oxygen vacancies in the bulk lattice of layered cathodes." Nature Nanotechnology 14, no. 6:602-609.
- Albuquerque G.H., K. Kim, J.I. Lopez, A. Devaraj, S. Manandhar, Y. Liu, and J. Guo, et al. 2018. "Multimodal characterization of solution-processed Cu3SbS4 absorbers for thin film solar cells." Journal of Materials Chemistry A 6, no. 18:8682-8692.
- Arola D.D., S.C. Murcia Sanchez, M. Stossel, R. Pahuja, T.J. Linley, A. Devaraj, and M. Ramulu, et al. 2018. "The limiting layer of fish scales: structure and properties." Acta Biomaterialia 67.
- Devaraj A., and P. Eisenlohr. 2018. "Atom probe tomography and correlative microscopy: 3D nanoscale characterization of metals, minerals and materials." JOM. The Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society 70, no. 9:1723-1724.
- Devaraj A., D.E. Perea, J. Liu, L.M. Gordon, T.J. Prosa, P.A. Parikh, and D.R. Diercks, et al. 2018. "Three-dimensional nanoscale characterisation of materials by atom probe tomography." International Materials Reviews 63, no. 2:68-101.
- Devaraj A., E.J. Kautz, L. Kovarik, S. Jana, N.R. Overman, C.A. Lavender, and V.V. Joshi. 2018. "Phase transformation of metastable discontinuous precipitation products to equilibrium phases in U10Mo alloys." Scripta Materialia 156.
- Devaraj A., L. Kovarik, E.J. Kautz, B.W. Arey, S. Jana, C.A. Lavender, and V.V. Joshi. 2018. "Grain Boundary Engineering to Control the Discontinuous Precipitation in Multicomponent U10Mo Alloy." Acta Materialia 151.
- Devaraj A., Z. Xu, F. Abu-Farha, X. Sun, and L.G. Hector. 2018. "Nanoscale Solute Partitioning and Carbide Precipitation in a Multiphase TRIP Steel Analyzed by Atom Probe Tomography." JOM. The Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society 70, no. 9:1752-1757.
- Elsaidi S.K., M.A. Sinnwell, A. Devaraj, T.C. Droubay, Z. Nie, V. Murugesan, and B.P. McGrail, et al. 2018. "Extraction of Rare Earth Elements using Magnetite@MOF Composites." Journal of Materials Chemistry A 6, no. 38:18438-18443.
- Ishida T., E. Wakai, M. Hagiwara, S. Makimura, M. Tada, D.M. Asner, and A.M. Casella, et al. 2018. "Study of the radiation damage effect on Titanium metastable beta alloy by high intensity proton beam." Nuclear Materials and Energy 15.
- Jiang W., S.R. Spurgeon, J. Liu, D.K. Schreiber, H. Jung, A. Devaraj, and D.J. Edwards, et al. 2018. "Precipitates and voids in cubic silicon carbide implanted with 25Mg+ ions." Journal of Nuclear Materials 498.
- Kolli R.P., and A. Devaraj. 2018. "A Review of Metastable Beta Titanium Alloys." Metals 8, no. 7: Article number 506.
- Lach T.G., A. Devaraj, and T. Byun. 2018. "Co-dependent microstructural evolution pathways in metastable d-Ferrite in cast austenitc stainless steels during thermal aging." Acta Materialia 510.
- Lach T.G., A. Devaraj, K.J. Leonard, and T. Byun. 2018. "Co-dependent microstructural evolution pathways in metastable d-ferrite in cast austenitic stainless steels during thermal aging." Journal of Nuclear Materials 510.
- Spurgeon S.R., P.V. Sushko, A. Devaraj, Y. Du, T.C. Droubay, and S.A. Chambers. 2018. "Onset of Phase Separation in the Double Perovskite Oxide La2MnNiO6." Physical Review B 97, no. 13:134110.
- Jana S., A. Devaraj, L. Kovarik, B.W. Arey, L.E. Sweet, T. Varga, and C.A. Lavender, et al. 2017. "Kinetics of cellular transformation and competing precipitation mechanisms during sub-eutectoid annealing of U10Mo alloys." Journal of Alloys and Compounds 723.
- Jiang W., S.R. Spurgeon, J. Liu, D.K. Schreiber, H. Jung, A. Devaraj, and D.J. Edwards, et al. 2017. "PRECIPITATES AND VOIDS IN CUBIC SILICON CARBIDE IMPLANTED WITH 25Mg+ IONS." In Fusion Materials Semiannual Progress Report for Period Ending December 31,2017, edited by FW Wiffen and S Melton. 73-74. Oak Ridge, Tennessee: OAK RIDGE NATIONAL LABORATORY.
- Kautz E.J., A. Devaraj, L. Kovarik, C.A. Lavender, and V.V. Joshi. 2017. Effect of Silicon in U-10Mo Alloy.
- Kautz E.J., S. Jana, A. Devaraj, C.A. Lavender, L.E. Sweet, and V.V. Joshi. 2017. Detecting the Extent of Cellular Decomposition after Sub-Eutectoid Annealing in Rolled UMo Foils.
- Kovarik L., N.M. Washton, R.K. Kukkadapu, A. Devaraj, A. Wang, Y. Wang, and J. Szanyi, et al. 2017. "Transformation of active sites in Fe/SSZ-13 SCR catalysts during hydrothermal aging: a spectroscopic, microscopic and kinetics study." ACS Catalysis 7, no. 4:2458-2470.
- Mohanty D., B. Mazumder, A. Devaraj, A.S. Sefat, A. Huq, L.A. David, and E. Payzant, et al. 2017. "Resolving the degradation pathways in high-voltage oxides for high-energy-density lithium-ion batteries; Alternation in chemistry, composition and crystal structures." Nano Energy 36.
- Murcia Sanchez S.C., E. Lavoie, T.J. Linley, A. Devaraj, E.A. Ossa, and D.D. Arola. 2017. "The natural armors of fish: A comparison of the lamination pattern and structure of scales." JOURNAL OF THE MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS, 73.
- Murugesan V., M.J. Gray, M.F. Guo, H.M. Job, A. Devaraj, C.J. Szymanski, and S. Thevuthasan, et al. 2017. "Thermal Evaluation of Metal Oxides on Silica Supports." In North American Catalysis Society Meeting, June 4-9, 2017, Denver, CO, Paper No. P-T-BRM-44.
- Shutthanandan V., S. Choudhury, S. Manandhar, T.C. Kaspar, C.M. Wang, A. Devaraj, and B.D. Wirth, et al. 2017. "Radiation Tolerant Interfaces: Influence of Local Stoichiometry at the Misfit Dislocation on Radiation Damage Resistance of Metal/Oxide Interfaces." Advanced Materials Interfaces 4, no. 14: Article No. 1700037.
- Zang H., W. Liu, T. Li, C. He, D. Yun, W. Jiang, and A. Devaraj, et al. 2017. "VACANCY EFFECTS ON THE FORMATION OF HELIUM AND KRYPTON CAVITIES IN 3C-SiC IRRADIATED AND ANNEALED AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES." In Fusion Materials Semiannual Progress Report for Period Ending December 31, 2016, edited by Dl Clark. 67-68. Oak Ridge, Tennessee:Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Devaraj A., L. Kovarik, V.V. Joshi, S. Jana, S. Manandhar, B.W. Arey, and C.A. Lavender. 2016. High-Resolution Characterization of UMo Alloy Microstructure.
- Devaraj A., R. Prabhakaran, V.V. Joshi, S.Y. Hu, E.J. McGarrah, and C.A. Lavender. 2016. Theoretical Model for Volume Fraction of UC, 235U Enrichment, and Effective Density of Final U 10Mo Alloy.
- Devaraj A., S. Jana, C.A. McInnis, N.J. Lombardo, V.V. Joshi, L.E. Sweet, and S. Manandhar, et al. 2016. Detecting the Extent of Eutectoid Transformation in U-10Mo.
- Devaraj A., V. Murugesan, J. Bao, M.F. Guo, M.A. Derewinski, Z. Xu, and M.J. Gray, et al. 2016. "Discerning the Location and Nature of Coke Deposition from Surface to Bulk of Spent Zeolite Catalysts." Scientific Reports 6.
- Devaraj A., V.V. Joshi, A. Srivastava, S. Manandhar, V.S. Moxson, V. Duz, and C.A. Lavender. 2016. "A Low-Cost Hierarchical Nanostructured Beta-Titanium Alloy with High Strength." Nature Communications 7.
- Leary A., V. Keylin, A. Devaraj, V. Degeorge, P. Ohodnicki, and M. McHenry. 2016. "Stress induced anisotropy in Co-rich magnetic nanocomposites for inductive applications." Journal of Materials Research 31, no. 20:3089-3107.
- Li X., C.T. Ma, J. Lu, A. Devaraj, S.R. Spurgeon, R.B. Comes, and J.S. Poon. 2016. "Exchange bias and bistable magneto-resistance states in amorphous TbFeCo thin films." Applied Physics Letters 108.
- Poling W.A., V. Savic, L.G. Hector, A.K. Sachdev, X. Hu, A. Devaraj, and F. Abu-Farha. 2016. "Combined Synchrotron X-ray Diffraction and Digital Image Correlation Technique for Measurement of Austenite Transformation with Strain in TRIP-assisted Steels." In SAE World Congress & Exhibition, April 12-14, 2016, Detroit, Michigan, SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0419. Warrendale, Pennsylvania:SAE International.
- Ramasamy K.K., M.J. Gray, H.M. Job, D.M. Santosa, X.S. Li, A. Devaraj, and A.J. Karkamkar, et al. 2016. "Role of Calcination Temperature on the Hydrotalcite Derived MgO-Al2O3 in Converting Ethanol to Butanol." Topics in Catalysis 59, no. 1:46-54.
- Roder P.B., S. Manandhar, A. Devaraj, D.E. Perea, E.J. Davis, and P.J. Pauzauskie. 2016. "Pulsed Photothermal Heating of One-Dimensional Nanostructures." Journal of Physical Chemistry C 120, no. 38:21730-21739.
- Spurgeon S.R., Y. Du, T.C. Droubay, A. Devaraj, X. Sang, P. Longo, and P. Yan, et al. 2016. "Competing Pathways for Nucleation of the Double Perovskite Structure in the Epitaxial Synthesis of La2MnNiO6." Chemistry of Materials 28, no. 11:3814-3822.
- Trease N., I.D. Seymour, M. Radin, H. Liu, H. Liu, S. Hy, and N. Chernova, et al. 2016. "Identifying the distribution of Al3+ in LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2." Chemistry of Materials 28, no. 22:8170-8180.
- Wang C.M., Z. Zhu, M.H. Engelhard, A. Devaraj, and D.R. Baer. 2016. "Multimodal and in-situ chemical imaging of critical surfaces and interfaces in Li batteries." Microscopy Today 24, no. 2:32-39.
- Wang S., M. Sina, P.A. Parikh, T. Uekert, B. Shahbazian, A. Devaraj, and Y.S. Meng. 2016. "Role of 4-tert-Butylpyridine as a Hole Transport Layer Morphological Controller in Perovskite Solar Cells." Nano Letters 16, no. 9:5594-5600.
- Zang H., W. Jiang, W. Liu, A. Devaraj, D.J. Edwards, C.H. Henager, and R.J. Kurtz, et al. 2016. "Vacancy effects on the formation of He and Kr cavities in 3C-SiC irradiated and annealed at elevated temperatures." Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research. Section B, Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms 389-390.
- Degeorge V., A. Devaraj, V. Keylin, J. Cui, and M. McHenry. 2015. "Mass Balance and Atom Probe Tomography Characterization of Soft Magnetic (Fe65Co35)79.5B13Si2Nb4Cu1.5 Nanocomposites." IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 51, no. 6: Article No. 2001704.
- Devaraj A., M. Gu, R.J. Colby, P. Yan, C.M. Wang, J. Zheng, and J. Xiao, et al. 2015. "Visualizing Nanoscale 3D Compositional Fluctuation of Lithium in Advanced Lithium-Ion Battery Cathodes." Nature Communications 6.
- Kuhudzai R.J., J. Malherbe, T.T. Hlatshwayo, N.G. van der Berg, A. Devaraj, Z. Zhu, and M.I. Nandasiri. 2015. "Synergistic Effects of Iodine and Silver Ions Co-Implanted in 6H-SiC." Journal of Nuclear Materials 467, no. Part 2:582-587.
- Kulkarni G.R., M.I. Nandasiri, A. Zelenyuk, J. Beranek, N. Madaan, A. Devaraj, and V. Shutthanandan, et al. 2015. "Effects Of Crystallographic Properties On The Ice Nucleation Properties Of Volcanic Ash Particles." Geophysical Research Letters 42, no. 8:3048-3055.
- Madaan N., J. Bao, M.I. Nandasiri, Z. Xu, S. Thevuthasan, and A. Devaraj. 2015. "Impact of Dynamic Specimen Shape Evolution on the Atom Probe Tomography Results of Doped Epitaxial Oxide Multilayers: Comparison of Experiment and Simulation." Applied Physics Letters 107, no. 9: Article No. 091601.
- Smith B.E., P.B. Roder, J.L. Hanson, S. Manandhar, A. Devaraj, D.E. Perea, and W. Kim, et al. 2015. "Singlet-Oxygen Generation from Individual Semiconducting and Metallic Nanostructures During Near-Infrared Laser Trapping." ACS Photonics 2, no. 4:559-564.
- Xu Z., D. Li, W. Xu, A. Devaraj, R.J. Colby, S. Thevuthasan, and B.P. Geiser, et al. 2015. "Simulation of Heterogeneous Atom Probe Tip Shape Evolution during Field Evaporation Using a Level Set Method and Different Evaporation Models." Computer Physics Communications 189.
- Xu Z., D. Li, W. Xu, A. Devaraj, R.J. Colby, S. Thevuthasan, and B.P. Geiser, et al. 2015. "Simulation of Heterogeneous Atom Probe Tip Shapes Evolution during Field Evaporation Using a Level Set Method and Different Evaporation Models." Computer Physics Communications 189.
- Devaraj A., R.J. Colby, F. Vurpillot, and S. Thevuthasan. 2014. "Understanding Atom Probe Tomography of Oxide-Supported Metal Nanoparticles by Correlation with Atomic Resolution Electron Microscopy and Field Evaporation Simulation." Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 5, no. 8:1361-1367.
- Devaraj A., T.C. Kaspar, S. Ramanan, S.K. Walvekar, M.E. Bowden, V. Shutthanandan, and R.J. Kurtz. 2014. "Nanoscale Phase Separation in Epitaxial Cr-Mo and Cr-V Alloy Thin Films Studied Using Atom Probe Tomography: Comparison Of Experiments And Simulation." Journal of Applied Physics 116, no. 19: Article No. 193512.
- Jiang X., A. Devaraj, B. Balamurugan, J. Cui, and J.E. Shield. 2014. "Microstructure of Multistage Annealed Nanocrystalline SmCo2Fe2B Alloy with Enhanced Magnetic Properties." Journal of Applied Physics 115, no. 6: Article No. 063902.
- Jiang X., A. Devaraj, B. Balamurugan, J. Cui, and J.E. Shield. 2014. "Microstructure Of Multistage Annealed Nanocrystalline SmCo2Fe2B Alloy With Enhanced Magnetic Properties." Journal of Applied Physics 115, no. 6: Article No. 063902.
- Jiang X., A. Devaraj, B. Balamurugan, J. Cui, and J.E. Shield. 2014. "Microstructure of multistage annealed nanocrystalline SmCo2Fe2B alloy with enhanced magnetic properties." Journal of Applied Physics 15, no. 6: Article No. 063902.
- Setyawan W., M.D. Gerboth, B. Yao, C.H. Henager, A. Devaraj, V.S. Vemuri, and S. Thevuthasan, et al. 2014. "Asymmetry of radiation damage properties in Al-Ti nanolayers." Journal of Nuclear Materials 445, no. 1-3:261-271.
- Vijayakumar M., N. Govind, E.D. Walter, S.D. Burton, A.K. Shukla, A. Devaraj, and J. Xiao, et al. 2014. "Molecular Structure and Stability of Dissolved Lithium Polysulfide Species." Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. PCCP 16, no. 22:10923-10932.
- Devaraj A., R.J. Colby, W.P. Hess, D.E. Perea, and S. Thevuthasan. 2013. "Role of Photoexcitation and Field Ionization in the Measurement of Accurate Oxide Stoichiometry by Laser-Assisted Atom Probe Tomography." The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 4, no. 6:993-998.
- Devaraj A., S. Nag, and R. Banerjee. 2013. "Alpha phase precipitation from phase-separated beta phase in a model Ti-Mo-Al alloy studied by direct coupling of transmission electron microscopy and atom probe tomography." Scripta Materialia 69, no. 7:513-516.
- Katakam S.K., A. Devaraj, M.E. Bowden, S. Santhanakrishnan, C. Smith, R. Ramanujan, and S. Thevuthasan, et al. 2013. "Laser Assisted Crystallization of Ferromagnetic Amorphous Ribbons: A Multimodal Characterization and Thermal Model Study." Journal of Applied Physics 114, no. 18: Article No. 184901.
- Wang C.M., T.C. Kaspar, V. Shutthanandan, A.G. Joly, L. Kovarik, B.W. Arey, and M. Gu, et al. 2013. "Structure and Radiation Damage Behavior Of Epitaxial CrxMo1-x Alloy Thin Films On MgO." Journal of Nuclear Materials 437, no. 1-3:55-61.
- Xu Z., D. Li, W. Xu, A. Devaraj, R.J. Colby, and S. Thevuthasan. 2013. "A Level Set Evaporation Model for Heterogeneous Atom Probe Tip." In Proceedings of Microscopy & Microanalysis 2013, August 4-8, 2013, Indianapolis, Indiana, 19, 934-935. Cambridge:Cambridge University Press.
- Xu Z., D. Li, W. Xu, A. Devaraj, R.J. Colby, and S. Thevuthasan. 2013. "A Level Set Evaporation Model for Heterogeneous Atom Probe Tip." In Proceedings of Microscopy & Microanalysis 2013, 19, 934-935. Cambridge:Cambridge University Press.
- Yang F., D.R. Coughlin, P.J. Phillips, L. Yang, A. Devaraj, L. Kovarik, and R.D. Noebe, et al. 2013. "Structure Analysis of a Precipitate Phase in an Ni-Rich High Temperature NiTiHf Shape Memory Alloy." Acta Materialia 61, no. 9:3335-3346.
- Perea D.E., D.K. Schreiber, A. Devaraj, S. Thevuthasan, J. Yoo, S.A. Dayeh, and S.T. Picraux. 2012. "Controlling Axial p-n Heterojunction Abruptness Through Catalyst Alloying in Vapor-Liquid-Solid Grown Semiconductor Nanowires." Microscopy and Microanalysis 18, no. Suppl. 2:1860-1861.