- Extensive review of build procedures and documentation with testing by independent evaluators. Feedback from the evaluators has been incorporated into the build documentation and the build itself has been simplified as much as possible.
- The contingency analysis calculation has been updated with features that provide basic statistical analyses of the results for different power flow variables. This capability provides a condensed summary of the results over the complete set of individual calculations in the contingency analysis.
- Work on a generic DAE solver in GridPACK has been started. This will enable dynamic simulation calculations to make use of a broad range of time integration algorithms, with the potential to speed these simulations up significantly. Currently, simulations of a realistic model of the WECC power grid can be done in roughly real time. These algorithms may be able to reduce the simulation time so that simulations are substantially faster than real time.
- Faster-than-real-time dynamic simulation has been achieved for WECC-size systems with detail models
- GridPACK has been heavily leveraged by other projects as a core function for power grid simulations