Aquatic Organism Selection File (AOS)
The Aquatic Organism Selection output can be found in the GID file. Each database must format its specification output to match the format of the GID file. One and only one AOS database specification can exist per site within the GID file. There are two parts within the specification, one contains the database owners specific parameters and the other contains the specification parameters below.
- Class (String) - Class of aquatic organism
- CommonName (String) - Common name of aquatic organism
- Family (String) - Family of aquatic organism
- ForagingGuild (String) - Foraging guild of aquatic organism
- Genus (String) - Genus of aquatic organism
- Kingdom (String) - Kingdom of aquatic organism
- NumScientificName (Integer) - Number of scientific names
- Orders (String) - Order of aquatic organism
- Phylum (String) - Phylum of aquatic organism
- ScientificName (String) - Genus Species name
- Species (String) - Species of aquatic organism
- TSN (String) - Organism Taxonomic Serial Number
The minimum specifications from the above list are: ScientificName, CommonName and TSN.
This AOS example is a part of the base04 test case.