Integrated Modeling & Energy
Mohamad Hejazi is a research scientist with the Joint Global Change Research Institute (JGCRI) and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. He holds a Ph.D. (2009) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and a B.S. (2002) and M.S. (2004) degrees from the University of Maryland, College Park. His research interests include: global hydrologic modeling, global and regional sectoral water demand models, separating the effect of climate change, human activities, and climate policies on hydrology, and the value of information (e.g. weather and climate forecasts) to human decisions (e.g., farmers, reservoir operators). Prior to joining JGCRI-PNNL, he worked as a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and as a research assistant at the USGS and the Illinois Water Survey.
- Chaturvedi V, MI Hejazi, JA Edmonds, LE Clarke, GP Kyle, E Davies, and MA Wise. 2015. "Climate Mitigation Policy Implications for Global Irrigation Water Demand." Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 20(3):389-407. doi:10.1007/s11027-013-9497-4
- Kraucunas IP, LE Clarke, JA Dirks, JE Hathaway, MI Hejazi, KA Hibbard, M Huang, C Jin, MCW Kintner-Meyer, K Kleese van Dam, LYR Leung, H Li, RH Moss, MJ Peterson, JS Rice, MJ Scott, AM Thomson, N Voisin, and TO West. 2015. "Investigating the Nexus of Climate, Energy, Water, and Land at Decision-Relevant Scales: The Platform for Regional Integrated Modeling and Analysis (PRIMA)." Climatic Change 129(3-4):573-588. doi:10.1007/s10584-014-1064-9
- Hejazi MI, X Cai, X Yuan, XZ Liang, and P Kumar. 2014. "Incorporating reanalysis-based short-term forecasts from a regional climate model in an irrigation scheduling optimization problem." Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management 140(5):699-713. doi:10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000365
- Hejazi MI, JA Edmonds, LE Clarke, GP Kyle, E Davies, V Chaturvedi, MA Wise, PL Patel, J Eom, KV Calvin, RH Moss, and SH Kim. 2014. "LONG-TERM GLOBAL WATER USE PROJECTIONS USING SIX SOCIOECONOMIC SCENARIOS IN AN INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT MODELING FRAMEWORK." Technological Forecasting and Social Change 81:205-226. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2013.05.006
- Hejazi MI, JA Edmonds, LE Clarke, GP Kyle, E Davies, V Chaturvedi, MA Wise, PL Patel, J Eom, and KV Calvin. 2014. "Integrated Assessment of Global Water Scarcity over the 21st Century under Multiple Climate Change Mitigation Policies." Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 18(8):2859-2883. doi:10.5194/hess-18-2859-2014
- Hejazi MI, JA Edmonds, LE Clarke, GP Kyle, E Davies, V Chaturvedi, MA Wise, PL Patel, J Eom, and KV Calvin. 2014. "Integrated assessment of global water scarcity over the 21st century under multiple climate change mitigation policies." Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 18(8):2859-2883. doi:10.5194/hess-18-2859-2014
- Chaturvedi V, MI Hejazi, JA Edmonds, LE Clarke, GP Kyle, E Davies, MA Wise, and KV Calvin. 2013. Climate policy implications for agricultural water demand. PNNL-22356, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Hejazi MI, JA Edmonds, V Chaturvedi, E Davies, and J Eom. 2013. "Scenarios of Global Municipal Water-Use Demand Projections over the 21st Century." Hydrological Sciences Journal 58(3):1-20. doi:10.1080/02626667.2013.772301
- Kyle GP, E Davies, JJ Dooley, SJ Smith, LE Clarke, JA Edmonds, and MI Hejazi. 2013. "Corrigendum to "Influence of climate change mitigation technology on global demands of water for electricity generation"." International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 17:549-552. doi:10.1016/j.ijggc.2013.03.017
- Kyle GP, E Davies, JJ Dooley, SJ Smith, LE Clarke, JA Edmonds, and MI Hejazi. 2013. "Influence of Climate Change Mitigation Technology on Global Demands of Water for Electricity Generation." International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 13:112-123. doi:10.1016/j.ijggc.2012.12.006
- Voisin N, L Liu, MI Hejazi, TK Tesfa, H Li, M Huang, Y Liu, and LYR Leung. 2013. "One-way coupling of an integrated assessment model and a water resources model: evaluation and implications of future changes over the US Midwest ." Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 17(No. 11):4555-4575. doi:10.5194/hess-17-4555-2013
- Hejazi MI, JA Edmonds, and V Chaturvedi. 2012. "Global irrigation demand - A holistic approach." Irrigation & Drainage Systems Engineering 1(2):Article No. e106.
- Cai X, MI Hejazi, and D Wang. 2011. "Value of Probabilistic Weather Forecasts: Assessment by Real-Time Optimization of Irrigation Scheduling." Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management 137(5):391-403. doi:10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000126
- Wang D, and MI Hejazi. 2011. "Quantifying the relative contribution of the climate and direct human impacts on mean annual streamflow in the contiguous United States." Water Resources Research 47:Article No. W00J12. doi:10.1029/2010WR010283