Advanced Study & Development
Post Doctorate RA B
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
- Terrestrial hydrological cycles at local to continental scales.
- Water, energy and carbon cycles in the soil-plant-atmosphere continuum.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Hydrology and Water Resources, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.
- M.Eng. in Hydrology and Water Resources, China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research (IWHR), Beijing, China.
- B.Eng. in Hydraulic and Hydropower Construction Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
Affiliations and Professional Service
- American Geophysical Union
- Luo X, X Liang, and JS Lin. 2016. “Plant Transpiration and Groundwater Dynamics in Water-limited Climates: Impacts of Hydraulic Redistribution.” Water Resources Research 52(6): 4416-4437. DOI: 10.1002/2015WR017316
- Luo X, X Liang, and HR McCarthy. 2013. “VIC+ for Water-limited Conditions: A Study of Biological and Hydrological Processes and Their Interactions in Soil-Plant-Atmosphere Continuum.” Water Resources Research 49(11): 7711-7732. DOI: 10.1002/2012WR012851
- Jia Y, H Wang, Z Zhou, Y Qiu, X Luo, J Wang, D Yan, and D Qin. 2006. "Development of the WEP-L Distributed Hydrological Model and Dynamic Assessment of Water Resources in the Yellow River Basin." Journal of Hydrology 331(3): 606-629. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2006.06.006