Integrated Modeling & Energy
Post Doctorate RA C
Gokul Iyer is Post-Doctorate Research Associate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's Joint Global Change Research Institute. Dr. Iyer's research broadly focuses on the interactions between technology and policy. His recent research has focused on using integrated assessment models to investigate the long-term implications of technology policies, technological change and investment risks for the costs and distribution of climate change mitigation.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Environmental Policy, University of Maryland, USA.
- Master of Technology, Energy Systems Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India.
- Bachelor of Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, India.
- Iyer GC, LE Clarke, JA Edmonds, BP Flannery, N Hultman, HC McJeon, and D Victor. 2015. "Improved Representation of Investment Decisions in Assessments of CO2 Mitigation." Nature Climate Change 5(5):436-440. doi:10.1038/nclimate2553
- Iyer GC, N Hultman, J Eom, HC McJeon, PL Patel, and LE Clarke. 2015. "Diffusion of low-carbon technologies and the feasibility of long-term climate targets." Technological Forecasting and Social Change 90(Part A):103-118. doi:10.1016/j.techfore.2013.08.025
- Iyer GC, N Hultman, S Fetter, and SH Kim. 2014. "Implications of Small Modular Reactors for Climate Change Mitigation." Energy Economics 45:144-154. doi:10.1016/j.eneco.2014.06.023