Data Intensive Sci Computing
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Selim Ciraci was born in Ankara, Turkey, in 1981. He obtained his B.Sc. degree from Bilkent University Department of Computer Science in 2003 and, his M.Sc. degree also from the same university in 2003. His M.Sc. thesis topic was on Peer-to-Peer computer networks. He obtained his PhD degree from Software Engineering Chair at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands, in December 2009. His Ph.D thesis was on applying and developing model checking techniques for different software evolution problems.
Until February 2011, he worked as a post-doctoral associate also in the Software Engineering chair. Currently, he is working as a scientist in the Fundamental & Computer Sciences Directorate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratories.
- Software evolution
- Verification/evaluation of software models
- Domain specific models
- Programming languages
- Distributed computing/software systems.
- Gorton I, J Yin, BA Akyol, S Ciraci, T Critchlow, Y Liu, TD Gibson, S Purohit, P Sharma, and M Vlachopoulou. 2013. "GridOPTICS(TM) A Novel Software Framework for Integrating Power Grid Data Storage, Management and Analysis." In Proceedings of the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-46), January 7-10, 2013, Maui, Hawaii, ed. RH Sprague, Jr., pp. 2167 -2176. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/HICSS.2013.243
- Ciraci S, and BA Akyol. 2012. "NetSim Steer: A Runtime Steering Framework for Network Simulators." In IEEE 20th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis & Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2012), August 7-6, 2012, Washington DC, pp. 498-500. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/MASCOTS.2012.64
- Ciraci S, and BA Akyol. 2011. "An Evaluation of the Network Simulators in Large-Scale Distributed Simulations." In HiPCNA-PG '11: Proceedings of the First International Workshop on High Performance Computing Networking and Analytics for the Power Grid, November 12-18, 2011, Seattle, Washington , pp. 59-65. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2096123.2096137
- Ciraci S, and J Yin. 2011. "Towards a Scalable and Reliable Real Time In-Network Data Analysis Infrastructure." In IEEE Symposium on Large Scale Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV 2011), October 23-24, 2011, Providence, Rhode Island, ed. D Rogers and CT Silva, pp. 135-136. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/LDAV.2011.6092336
- Ciraci S, H Sozer, and M Aksit. 2011. "Guiding Architects in Selecting Architectural Evolution Alternatives." In Software Architecture: Proceedings of the 5th European Conference (ECSA 2011), September 13-16, 2011. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6903, ed. I Crnkovic, V Gruhn and M Book, pp. 252-260. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-23798-0_28