Data Intensive Sci Computing
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Data Mining
- Theory of Computation
- Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorics
- Parallel Architectures and Parallel Algorithms.
Affiliations and Professional Service
- Editor-in-chief of the ACM SIGACT News (November 2002 to December 2005)
- Senior Member of ACM
- Haglin DJ, and L Holder. 2013. "Combining Structure and Property Values is Essential for Graph-based Learning." In IEEE 27th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops & PhD Formum (IPDPSW 2013), May 20-24, 2013, Cambridge, MA, pp. 1899-1904. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPSW.2013.44
- Haglin DJ, RD Adolf, and GE Mackey. 2013. "Scalable, Multithreaded, Partially-in-Place Sorting." In IEEE 27th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops & PhD Forum (IPDPSW 2013), May 20-24, 2013, Cambridge, MA, pp. 1656-1664. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPSW.2013.74
- Joslyn CA, S Choudhury, DJ Haglin, B Howe, WK Nickless, and BK Olsen. 2013. "Massive Scale Cyber Traffic Analysis: A Driver for Graph Database Research." In FIrst International Workshop on Graph Data Management Experiences and Systems (GRADES 2013), held in conjunction with the ACM SIGMOD/PODS Conference, June 22-27, 2013, New York, p. Article No. 3. ACM, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2484425.2484428
- Zulkurnain NF, JA Keane, and DJ Haglin. 2013. "DisClose: Discovering Colossal Closed Itemsets via a Memory Efficient Compact Row-Tree." In PAKDD 2012 International Workshops: DMHM, GeoDoc, 3Clust, and DSDM, May 29 - June 1, 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 7769, ed. T Washio and J Luo, pp. 141-156. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-36778-6
- Ferryman TA, DJ Haglin, M Vlachopoulou, J Yin, C Shen, FK Tuffner, G Lin, N Zhou, and J Tong. 2012. "Net Interchange Schedule Forecasting of Electric Power Exchange for RTO/ISOs ." In IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, July 22-26, 2012, San Diego, California. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/PESGM.2012.6344738
- Halappanavar M, Y Chen, RD Adolf, DJ Haglin, Z Huang, and MJ Rice. 2012. "Towards Efficient N - x Contingency Selection Using Group Betweenness Centrality." In SC Companion: High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SCC 2012), November 10-16, 2012, Salt Lake City, UT, pp. 273 - 282. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/SC.Companion.2012.45
- Scherrer C, A Tewari, M Halappanavar, and DJ Haglin. 2012. "Feature Clustering for Accelerating Parallel Coordinate Descent." In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 25: 26th Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS 2012), December 3-6, 2012, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, ed. P. Bartlett, et al, pp. 28-36. Neural Information Processing Systems Foundation, La Jolla, CA.
- Scherrer C, M Halappanavar, A Tewari, and DJ Haglin. 2012. "Scaling Up Coordinate Descent Algorithms for Large l1 Regularization Problems." In Proceedings of the 29th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2012), June 26, 2012, Edinburgh, Scotland, ed. J Langford adn J Pineau. International Machine Learning Society, Madison, WI.
- Adolf RD, DJ Haglin, M Halappanavar, Y Chen, and Z Huang. 2011. "Techniques for Improving Filters in Power Grid Contingency Analysis." In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition (MLDM), August 30-September 3, 2011, New York. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6871, ed. P Perner, pp. 599-611. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-23199-5_44
- Mogill JA, and DJ Haglin. 2011. "Toward Parallel Document Clustering." In Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel & Distributed Processing, Workshops and Phd Forum (IPDPSW 2011), May 16-20, 2011, Anchorage, Alaska, pp. 1700-1709. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA.
- Goodman EL, E Jimenez, DW Mizell, S al-Saffar, RD Adolf, and DJ Haglin. 2011. "High-performance Computing Applied to Semantic Databases." In The Semanic Web: Research and Applications: 8th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2011), May 29-June 2, 2011, Crete, Greece. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6644, ed. G Antoniou, et al, pp. 31-45. Springer, Heidelberg, Germany. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-21064-8_3
- Joslyn CA, RD Adolf, S al-Saffar, JT Feo, DJ Haglin, GE Mackey, and DW Mizell. 2011. "High Performance Descriptive Semantic Analysis of Semantic Graph Databases." In Proceedings of the 1st High Performance Computing for the Semantic Web (HPCSW 2011), collocated with the 8th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2011), May 29-30, 2011, Heraklion, Greece, vol. 736, ed. J Weaver, et al. Sun SITE, Informatik V, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany.
- Joslyn CA, S al-Saffar, DJ Haglin, and L Holder. 2011. "Combinatorial Information Theoretical Measurement of the Semantic Significance of Semantic Graph Motifs." In Mining Data Semantics Workshop (MDS 2011) in conjunction with SIGKDD2011, August 21-24, 2011, San Diego, California. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY.
- Mogill JA, and DJ Haglin. 2010. "A Comparison of Shared Memory Parallel Programming Models." In Cray User's Group (CUG 2010). Cray User Group, Inc., Seattle, WA.
- Goodman EL, DJ Haglin, C Scherrer, D Chavarría-Miranda, JA Mogill, and JT Feo. 2010. "Hashing Strategies for the Cray XMT." In IEEE International Symposium on Parallel & Distributed Processing, Workshops and Phd Forum (IPDPSW 2010), pp. 1-8. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPSW.2010.5470688