Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Todd Elsethagen is a computer scientist with a background in data management, problem-solving environments, and metadata modeling and management. He joined Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in 1998. His experience at the Laboratory includes the design and development of data and metadata management services for scientific applications.
- Scientific data management
- Problem-solving environments
- Metadata modeling and management
- Semantic web
Education and Credentials
- M.S. Computer Science, Washington State University, Tri-Cities, 2002
- B.S. Math/Computer Science, Western Washington University, 1989
Affiliations and Professional Service
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Scheibe TD, KL Schuchardt, K Agarwal, JM Chase, X Yang, BJ Palmer, AM Tartakovsky, TO Elsethagen, and GD Redden. 2015. "Hybrid multiscale simulation of a mixing-controlled reaction." Advances in Water Resources 83:228-239. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2015.06.006
- Kleese van Dam K, CS Lansing, TO Elsethagen, JE Hathaway, ZC Guillen, JA Dirks, DC Skorski, EG Stephan, WJ Gorrissen, I Gorton, and Y Liu. 2014. "Nationwide Buildings Energy Research enabled through an integrated Data Intensive Scientific Workflow and Advanced Analysis Environment." Building Simulation 7(4):335-343. doi:10.1007/s12273-014-0171-x
- Gorton I, Y Liu, CS Lansing, TO Elsethagen, and K Kleese van Dam. 2013. "Build Less Code, Deliver More Science: An Experience Report on Composing Scientific Environments using Component-based and Commodity Software Platforms ." In Proceedings of the 16th International ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on Component-Based Software Engineering (CBSE 2013), June 17-21, 2013, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 159-168. ACM, New York, NY.
- Agarwal K, JM Chase, KL Schuchardt, TD Scheibe, BJ Palmer, and TO Elsethagen. 2011. "Design and Implementation of “Many Parallel Task” Hybrid Subsurface Model." In MTAGS '11: Proceedings of the 2011 ACM International Workshop on Many Task Computing on Grids and Supercomputers, November 12-18, 2011, Seattle, Washington, pp. 25-32. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2132876.2132884
- Schuchardt KL, K Agarwal, JM Chase, ML Rockhold, VL Freedman, TO Elsethagen, TD Scheibe, G Chin, Jr, and C Sivaramakrishnan. 2010. "Task parallel sensitivity analysis and parameter estimation of groundwater simulations through the SALSSA framework." In Proceedings of the 2010 Scientific Discovery through Advanced Computing (SciDAC) Conference, July 11-15, 2010, Cattanooga, Tennessee, pp. 233-237. Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN.
- Schuchardt KL, JM Chase, JA Daily, TO Elsethagen, BJ Palmer, and TD Scheibe. 2009. "Application of SALSSA Framework to the Validation of Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Simulations of Low Reynolds Number Flows." Journal of Physics: Conference Series 180(1):Article No. 012065. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/180/1/012065
- Schuchardt KL, BJ Palmer, J Daily, TO Elsethagen, and AS Koontz. 2007. "IO strategies and data services for petascale data sets from a global cloud resolving model." Journal of Physics: Conference Series 78:Art. No. 012089. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/78/1/012089
- Schuchardt KL, BT Didier, TO Elsethagen, L Sun, V Gurumoorthi, JM Chase, J Li, and TL Windus. 2007. " Basis Set Exchange: A Community Database for Computational Sciences ." Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling 47(3):1045-1052. doi:10.1021/ci600510j
- Schuchardt KL, GD Black, JM Chase, TO Elsethagen, and L Sun. 2007. "Process Integration, data management, and visualization framework for subsurface sciences." Journal of Physics: Conference Series 78:012064, 1-5. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/78/1/012064