Data Intensive Sci Computing
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Daily collaborates with application domain scientists to identify and develop key capabilities. His primary responsibility is the development of high performance computing applications utilizing the Global Arrays Toolkit (GA), of which he is also a key developer. Daily is known for his contributions to GA, specifically as the lead for Python support within GA. He is also known for the Parallel Analysis of Geoscience Data (pagoda) suite of climate analysis tools.
- High Performance Computing
- Python Programming Language
- Data-intensive Computing
Education and Credentials
- Enrolled, Ph.D. Computer Science, Washington State University, expected 2015
- M.S. Computer Science, Washington State University, 2009
- B.S. Computer Science, Washington State University, 2006
Awards and Recognitions
- PNNL Outstanding Performance Award 2010
- Ali N, S Krishnamoorthy, M Halappanavar, and JA Daily. 2013. "Multi-fault Tolerance for Cartesian Data Distributions." International Journal of Parallel Programming 41(3):469-493. doi:10.1007/s10766-012-0218-5
- Daily JA, and RR Lewis. 2011. "Automatic Parallelization of Numerical Python Applications using the Global Arrays Toolkit." In Proceedings of the 2011 Companion on High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, (SC 2011 Companion), November 12-18, Seattle, Washington, pp. 43-44. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2148600.2148623
- Ali N, S Krishnamoorthy, M Halappanavar, and JA Daily. 2011. "Tolerating Correlated Failures for Generalized Cartesian Distributions via Bipartite Matching." In Proceedings of the 8th ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers (CF 2011), May 3-5, 2011, Ischia, Italy. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2016604.2016649
- Daily JA, KL Schuchardt, and BJ Palmer. 2010. "Efficient Extraction of Regional Subsets from Massive Climate Datasets using Parallel IO." In American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2010, pp. Paper No. IN41A-1360. American Geophysical Union, Washington DC.
- Daily JA. 2009. GAiN: Distributed Array Computation with Python. PNNL-18355, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Schuchardt KL, JM Chase, JA Daily, TO Elsethagen, BJ Palmer, and TD Scheibe. 2009. "Application of SALSSA Framework to the Validation of Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics Simulations of Low Reynolds Number Flows." Journal of Physics: Conference Series 180(1):Article No. 012065. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/180/1/012065
- Chase JM, KL Schuchardt, G Chin, Jr, JA Daily, and TD Scheibe. 2008. "Iterative Workflows for Numerical Simulations in Subsurface Sciences." In Proceedings of 2008 IEEE Congress on Services Part 1, pp. 461-464. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/SERVICES-1.2008.96
- Schuchardt KL, BJ Palmer, J Daily, TO Elsethagen, and AS Koontz. 2007. "IO strategies and data services for petascale data sets from a global cloud resolving model." Journal of Physics: Conference Series 78:Art. No. 012089. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/78/1/012089