Chief Science Officer
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Christine Sharp serves as a technical communications specialist for the Fundamental & Computational Sciences Directorate at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. In her role, she designs, implements, and manages high-quality web-based information critical to the Directorate's strategy for driving business growth, building advocacy and reputation, and quality assurance oversight, increasing the science and technology message, and supporting researchers and engaged staff.
In her 20+ years at PNNL, she has built, maintained, and reinvigorated high-profile websites for external and internal clients receiving rave reviews and numerous outstanding performance awards. Also, she serves as the quality assurance liaison for critical reporting to the U.S. Department of Energy for the Radiochemical Processing Laboratory and various research, legal, and operations directorates.
- Cyber Security
- Graphics and Interactive Media
- Project Management
- Web Accessibility for People with Disabilities
Education and Credentials
- Managing Information Technology, Managing Information Systems (MIS)
- Project Management coursework: Project+ certification: project initiation and scope definition, project planning, execution, closure, acceptance, and support
- HTML, XHTML, and CSS certifications
- Certificate for Accessible Web Design/Web Accessibility for People with Disabilities
- Website architecture and content management
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding Performance Award: "Business Information Systems"
- APEX Award for Excellence: Web Sites: “Fundamental & Computational Sciences"
- Outstanding Performance Award: "Chemical and Materials Sciences"
- Outstanding Performance Award: "Fundamental & Computational Sciences"
- Outstanding Performance Award: "Organizational Development Systems"
- Outstanding Performance Award: "DOE's Cumulus Humilis Aerosol Processing Study"
- Outstanding Performance Award: "DOE's Low Dose Radiation Research Program"
- Hermes Creative Awards: Gold Winner: "Creative Concept, Programming, Writing and Design"