Nonproliferation Systems Integration
Advancing domestic security objectives while minimizing effects on worldwide commerce through expert delivery of technologies, policy analysis, and operational training
Provide best-in-class project management and technical expertise to our clients by providing timely and professional response to our nation's global security and nonproliferation mission priorities.
Build a technical group that has an international reputation for providing world-class project management and technical expertise to international and domestic security, safeguards and nonproliferation issues dealing with Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD — nuclear, radioactive, biological and chemical), illicit trafficking, treaty verification, border security, and policy analysis and implementation.
- Teamwork — We will strive to share ideas and work collaboratively for the common good of our Group, our Division, our Directorate, the Laboratory, Battelle, and our international partners to provide global leadership in the combat of nuclear and radiological terrorism and promotion of our national security agenda.
"Nothing can be more absurd than the practice that prevails in our country of men and women not following the same pursuits with all their strengths and with one mind, for thus, the state instead of being whole is reduced to half." -Plato
- Integrity — We will strive to deal openly and honestly with each other, our Product Lines and Sectors, and our clients; respecting the needs, roles and expectations of all.
"One's integrity can give a person something to rely on when perspective seems to blur, when rules and principles seem to waver, and when faced with a hard choice of right and wrong. A clear conscience is one's only protection."-Admiral James B. Stockdale
- Sustainability — We will leverage current opportunities to build the world-leading capabilities we need for long-term sustained growth by investing in our staff, equipment and facilities to increase and strengthen our competitiveness in the market place, expertise in the subject areas, and reputation as the "go to" Laboratory for expert delivery of large complex technology projects.
"The real problem, then, is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure our strength tomorrow."-Dwight D. Eisenhower
We believe that:
Sustained NSI Success = Outstanding Relationship Management + Professional Project Execution.
Relationship Management includes maximizing collaboration with our internal stakeholders to ensure connectivity with NSD's leadership targets, nurturing our external client relationships through expert delivery and integrity, leveraging our Client-based staff members, and aggressively pursuing opportunities to place additional staff in key Client locations.
Project Execution includes technical expertise, the ability to work together in a teaming environment, and adherence to rigorous project management discipline.
We strive to exceed our Customer's expectations EVERY TIME!!
- Relationship Management
- Know the customer and anticipate client needs
- Know the business and how PNNL's expertise and capabilities can apply
- Earn the trust of the customer to provide constructive, unique, and timely solutions to complex problems.
- Technical Advisors
- Technical expertise
- Policy expertise
- Project and Programmatic expertise
- Systems Engineering and Integration expertise
- Government and Legislative expertise
- Ability to juggle the weighted significance of any of the above given the client, situation and assignment.
- Programmatic Support
- Understand and implement effective processes and procedures that comply with all applicable requirements
- Promote organizational discipline and efficiency in operations to ensure optimal stewardship of our customer's resources
- Enable our researchers and staff with the appropriate systems, processes, and tools to exceed our customer's expectations every time.
- Program Implementation
- Determining (jointly with client) the scope of activities
- Identifying stakeholders expectations and needs
- Defining requirements
- Developing necessary resources (people, technologies, facilities, and equipment)
- Managing scope, schedule, cost, risk and quality
- Communicate effectively with the client, key stakeholders (internal and external), and the project team.
For more information, contact Jami Prigge at (509) 375-1753.