Cyber Security works in partnership with government agencies and industry to perform research and development to deliver "first of a kind" solutions to protect our nation's critical strategic assets. Research at PNNL is addressing many of the big research questions facing our nation:
- How can we predict the presence of potential vulnerabilities in complex infrastructures that are critical to energy and security missions or the potential for damage when adversaries gain new capabilities?
- How can the broad energy infrastructure be made even more self-securing, so it can react fast enough to remain resilient under cyber attack without triggering negative, unintended consequences?
- How can we ensure that data integrity and site security are maintained while supporting information availability, and that neither sensitive nor protected information is inadvertently leaked?
Our current R&D efforts are focused in the following key areas:
- Large-Scale Situational Awareness
- Cyber Analytics: Detection and Discovery
- Critical Infrastructure Assessment and Protection
- Information Operations and Systems Exploitation
- Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems and Networks
For more information, contact Sharon Adams at (509) 375-6705.