Kevin E. Dorow
Kevin Dorow is a Scientist IV in the Software Engineering and Architectures group at Battelle/Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. He has been the technical group lead for the Software Systems and Architectures team (comprised of 20 staff) providing line management and mentoring/career development guidance as well as the fostering of the software development capability within the Computational and Statistical Analytics (CSA) division.
His technical skills include Java development (applet, servlet, application, J2ME, and J2EE), Linux development, mobile device development (Apple iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Android), sensor integration / fusion (low level software / hardware interfacing), general Internet development (Web Services, Active Server Pages, ECMAScript), Microsoft Visual Studio .NET for Internet and n-tier database development, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, C++ / C#, Internet Information Server, Apache, and Tomcat. He is also highly effective at proposal development and client interactions and has established strong relationships with key teaming partners across the laboratory as well as several external clients including the Department of Defense, NNSA, the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI and EPA.
Education: B.S. Physics from Eastern Washington University; M.S. Computer Science from Washington State University.
History: Dorow has over 18 years experience in software development projects, including feasibility and requirements analysis, system architectures and design, development, and implementation. His career began at Scitec Corporation where he worked as an X-Ray Fluorescence Research Engineer for five years. Additionally, he served as a software developer for Lockeed Martin Services, Inc. in Richland before joining the ranks of PNNL in 1999.
- PNNL National Security Directorate Exceptional Contribution Program Awards (FY2009 & FY2010)
- PNNL/Battelle Software Creator's Award for Web-based Operational Status Boards (2008), Technology Merit Award for the FRAMES project (2003)
- Business Achievement Awards Competition sponsored by Environmental Business Journal
- Federal Laboratory Consortium Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer for the EMAdvantage project (2003)
- NASA Tibbets Award for the Earth Alert project (2001)
- Mary Shields Wilson Medallion Award for Citizenship, Eastern Washington University (1993)
Publications: Dorow is the author of 40 conference papers, journal publications, and patents; International Scientific Advisory Committee Member for the Second International Conference on Prevention, Assessment, Rehabilitation and Development of Brownfields Sites, Siena, Italy (2004).