The Power of Angel Investing: Valuation and Portfolio Strategies Workshop
Monday, April 14, 2008
12:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Add to Calendar
Location: Meydenbauer Center, Bellevue WA
Valuation of pre-revenue companies is one of the most critical issues in the angel investment process, and for angels, valuation and portfolio strategy are linked. This workshop addresses many questions:
* What things should be considered when valuing a venture?
* What can an angel investor do to help make angel-entrepreneur negotiations less contentious?
* How can the typical disconnect that occurs between how an angel and an entrepreneur be addressed?
* What rules of thumb do angels use when crafting or measuring their portfolios?
* What insight into effective portfolio strategy can investors gain by exploring data from actual angel portfolios?
What is the Format?
This 4-hour workshop is highly interactive. It features a PowerPoint presentation delivered by an experienced local angel, extensive video segments presented by two experienced angel investors Bill Payne of Vegas Valley Angels and Luis Villalobos of Tech Coast Angels, hands-on exercises for applying the concepts presented in the videos, a video panel discussion, and local group discussion.
Who Should Attend?
Members of angel groups who have completed the Angel Investing Overview seminar or have made several angel investments.
* Entrepreneurial support professionals, service providers, and entrepreneurs.
* Audiences who are interested in learning more about establishing a pre-money valuation for seed/startup companies, the importance of the company scalability to angel investors and the critical parameters for a successful angel portfolio strategy.
Who Leads the Workshop?
The workshop will be facilitated by Bill Payne, currently a Senior Program Consultant at the Kauffman Foundation, and an active angel investor, board member, and advisor to entrepreneurs.
For more information, visit the Washington Technology Center website, or contact Elaine King at firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 616-1078.