High Performance Computing
As a research scientist within the Center for Adaptive Supercomputing Software, or CASS, Dr. Morari is part of the PNNL team designing the PNNL Graph Engine for Multi-threaded Systems (GEMS). GEMS is based on the PNNL Global Memory Multi-threaded (GMT), a runtime system Dr. Morari and other scientists designed and developed to efficiently execute irregular applications on large-scale distributed systems.
In addition, Dr. Morari has contributed to several conference papers and journal articles. He has served as a program committee member and as a reviewer for several international conferences.
Prior to joining PNNL, Dr. Morari was a resident student at Barcelona Supercomputing Center and a research intern at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center.
- Data-intensive and Irregular applications
- Semantic Graph Databases
- Large-scale and Distributed Memory Runtime Systems
- System Software for High Performance Computing
- Performance Modeling
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Computer Architecture, Universidad Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain, 2014
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Tor Vergata University, Italy, 2009
Awards and Recognitions
- IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium, 2012: Best Paper Award, "Evaluating the Impact of TLB Misses on Future HPC Systems."
- Castellana VG, A Morari, JR Weaver, A Tumeo, DJ Haglin, O Villa, and J Feo. 2015. "In-Memory Graph Databases for Web-Scale Data." Computer 48(3):24-35. doi:10.1109/MC.2015.74
- Morari A, A Tumeo, D Chavarría-Miranda, O Villa, and M Valero. 2014. "Scaling Irregular Applications through Data Aggregation and Software Multithreading." In IEEE 28th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, May 19-23, 2014, Phoenix, Arizona, pp. 1126-1135. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPS.2014.117
- Morari A, VG Castellana, O Villa, A Tumeo, JR Weaver, DJ Haglin, S Choudhury, and JT Feo. 2014. "Scaling Semantic Graph Databases in Size and Performance." IEEE Micro 34(4):16-26. doi:10.1109/MM.2014.39
- Weaver JR, VG Castellana, A Morari, A Tumeo, S Purohit, AR Chappell, DJ Haglin, O Villa, S Choudhury, KL Schuchardt, and JT Feo. 2014. "Toward a Data Scalable Solution for Facilitating Discovery of Science Resources." Parallel Computing 40(10):682-696. doi:10.1016/j.parco.2014.08.002
- Morari A, VG Castellana, DJ Haglin, JT Feo, JR Weaver, A Tumeo, and O Villa. 2013. "Accelerating semantic graph databases on commodity clusters." In IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data 2013), October 6-9, 2013, Silicon Valley, California, pp. 768-772. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/BigData.2013.6691650
- Chappell AR, S Choudhury, JT Feo, DJ Haglin, A Morari, S Purohit, KL Schuchardt, A Tumeo, JR Weaver, and O Villa. 2013. "Toward a Data Scalable Solution for Facilitating Discovery of Scientific Data Resources." In DISCS-2013: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems, November 18, 2013, Denver, CO, pp. 55-60. Association for Computing Machinery , New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2534645.2534655
- Morari A, A Tumeo, O Villa, S Secchi, and M Valero. 2012. "Efficient Sorting on the Tilera Manycore Architecture." In IEEE 24th International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2012), October 24-26, 2012, New York, pp. 171-178. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/SBAC-PAD.2012.41