Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Sutanay Choudhury is a member of the Scientific Data Management (SDM) Group in the Computational Science and Mathematics Division at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). He is actively working on large scale graph analytics as part of the Center for Adaptive Supercomputing Software (http://cass-mt.pnnl.gov/), and Asymmetric Resilient Cyber-Security Initiative.
- [#graphmining] Frequent Subgraph Discovery in Large Attributed Streaming Graphs (http://jmlr.org/proceedings/papers/v36/ray14.html)
- [#cloud #graphdb] Parasol: An Architecture for Cross-Cloud Federated Graph Querying http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2627771
- [#graphanalytics #cyber] M&Ms4Graphs: Graph based sense making of cyber data: http://goo.gl/1iiqc6
- [#graphdb #cyber] Massive scale cyber traffic analysis: a driver for graph database research (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2484428)
- [#graphdb #streaming] Query Optimization for Dynamic Graphs (http://arxiv.org/abs/1407.3745)
- [#graphalgorithm #hpc] Scalable Triangle Counting (http://arxiv.org/pdf/1209.6308.pdf)
- [#graphalgorithm #cyber] Towards a multiscale approach to cybersecurity modeling (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6698980)
- [#graphalgorithm #hpc] Scalable Community Detection (http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~ananth/papers/Lu_MTAAP14.pdf)
- [#graphdb] Scaling Semantic Graph Databases in Size and Performance (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6785922)
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D, Computer Science, "Subgraph Search on Dynamic Graphs", Washington State University, USA (http://goo.gl/1kd8zR)
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Colorado State University, USA
- B.E., Electrical Engineering, Jadavpur University, India
Affiliations and Professional Service
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Washington State University 2014
- Morari A, VG Castellana, O Villa, A Tumeo, JR Weaver, DJ Haglin, S Choudhury, and JT Feo. 2014. "Scaling Semantic Graph Databases in Size and Performance." IEEE Micro 34(4):16-26. doi:10.1109/MM.2014.39
- Chin G, Jr, S Choudhury, JT Feo, and L Holder. 2014. "Predicting and Detecting Emerging Cyberattack Patterns Using StreamWorks." In CISR '14 Proceedings of the 9th Annual Cyber and Information Security Research Conference, pp. 93-96. A.C.M., New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2602087.2602111
- Lieberman M, S Choudhury, M Hughes, D Patrone, S Hider, C Piatko, M Chapman, JP Marple, and D Silberberg. 2014. "Parasol: An Architecture for Cross-Cloud Federated Graph Querying." In Proceedings of Workshop on Data Analytics in the Cloud (DanaC'14), June 22-27, 2014, Snowbird, Utah, pp. 1-4. Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2627770.2627771
- Lu H, A Kalyanaraman, M Halappanavar, and S Choudhury. 2014. "Parallel Heuristics for Scalable Community Detection." In 28th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops (IPDPS 2014), May 19-23, 2014, Phoenix, Arizona, pp. 1374-1385. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA.
- Ray A, L Holder, and S Choudhury. 2014. "Frequent Subgraph Discovery in Large Attributed Streaming Graphs." In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Big Data, Streams and Heterogeneous Source Mining: Algorithms, Systems, Programming Models and Applications (BIGMINE 2014), August 24, 2014, vol. 36, pp. 166-181. Journal of Machine Learning Research, New York.
- Weaver JR, VG Castellana, A Morari, A Tumeo, S Purohit, AR Chappell, DJ Haglin, O Villa, S Choudhury, KL Schuchardt, and JT Feo. 2014. "Toward a Data Scalable Solution for Facilitating Discovery of Science Resources." Parallel Computing 40(10):682-696. doi:10.1016/j.parco.2014.08.002
- Hogan EA, PSY Hui, S Choudhury, M Halappanavar, KJ Oler, and CA Joslyn. 2013. "Towards a Multiscale Approach to Cybersecurity Modeling." In IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST 2013), November 12-14, 2013, Waltham, MA, pp. 80-85. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/THS.2013.6698980
- Chappell AR, S Choudhury, JT Feo, DJ Haglin, A Morari, S Purohit, KL Schuchardt, A Tumeo, JR Weaver, and O Villa. 2013. "Toward a Data Scalable Solution for Facilitating Discovery of Scientific Data Resources." In DISCS-2013: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems, November 18, 2013, Denver, CO, pp. 55-60. Association for Computing Machinery , New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2534645.2534655
- Choudhury S, L Holder, G Chin, Jr, A Ray, SJ Beus, and JT Feo. 2013. "StreamWorks - A system for Dynamic Graph Search." In Proceedings of the 2013 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2013), June 22-27, 2013, New York, pp. 1101-1104. ACM, New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2463676.2463697
- Choudhury S, L Holder, G Chin, Jr, and JT Feo. 2013. "Fast Search for Dynamic Multi-Relational Graphs." In ACM SIGMOD Workshop on Dynamic Networks Management and Mining (DyNetMM 2013), June 22-27, 2013, New York, pp. 1-8. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), New York, NY. doi:10.1145/2489247.2489251
- Halappanavar M, S Choudhury, EA Hogan, PSY Hui, JR Johnson, III, I Ray, and LB Holder. 2013. "Towards A Network-of-Networks Framework for Cyber Security." In IEEE Intelligence and Security Informatics, June 4-7, 2013, Seattle, Washington, pp. 106-108. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/ISI.2013.6578796
- Bell EB, SJ Rose, and S Choudhury. 2012. Text Analysis Capability. PNNL-21871, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Chin G, Jr, A Marquez, S Choudhury, and JT Feo. 2012. "Scalable Triadic Analysis of Large-Scale Graphs: Multi-Core vs. Multi-Processor vs. Multi-Threaded Shared Memory Architectures." In Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE 24th International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing, (SBAC-PAD) October 24-26, 2012, New York, NY, pp. 163-170. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/SBAC-PAD.2012.39
- Chin G, Jr, S Choudhury, LJ Kangas, SA McFarlane, and A Marquez. 2011. "Evaluating In-Clique and Topological Parallelism Strategies for Junction Tree-Based Bayesian Inference Algorithm on the Cray XMT." In Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing Workshops and Phd Forum (IPDPSW 2011), May 16-20, 2011, Anchorage, Alaska, pp. 1710-1719. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPS.2011.328
- Choudhury S, L Holder, G Chin, Jr, and JT Feo. 2011. "Large-Scale Continuous Subgraph Queries on Streams." In Proceedings of the 1st Annual Workshop on High-Performance Computing Meets Databases (HPCBD 2011), November 12-18, 2011, Seattle, Washington, pp. 29-32. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), New York. doi:10.1145/2125636.2125647
- Chin G, Jr, S Choudhury, LJ Kangas, SA McFarlane, and A Marquez. 2010. "Fault Detection in Distributed Climate Sensor Networks using Dynamic Bayesian Networks." In Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on e-Science (e-Science 2010), December 7-10, 2010, Brisbane, Australia, pp. 121-128. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/eScience.2010.22
- Shah AR, JN Adkins, DJ Baxter, WR Cannon, D Chavarría-Miranda, S Choudhury, I Gorton, DK Gracio, TD Halter, N Jaitly, JR Johnson, RT Kouzes, MC Macduff, A Marquez, ME Monroe, CS Oehmen, WA Pike, C Scherrer, O Villa, BJM Webb-Robertson, PD Whitney, and N Zuljevic. 2010. "Applications in Data-Intensive Computing." In Advances in Computers, vol. 79, ed. M Zelkowitz, pp. 1-70. Academic Press Inc., San Diego, CA.
- Chin G, Jr, A Marquez, S Choudhury, and K Maschhoff. 2009. "Implementing and Evaluating Multithreaded Triad Census Algorithms on the Cray XMT." In IEEE International Symposium on Parallel & Distributed Processing (IPDPS 2009), May 25-29, Rome, Italy. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/IPDPS.2009.5161109
- Choudhury S, and V Chandrasekar. 2007. "Wideband Reception and Processing for Dual-Polarization Radars with Dual Transmitters." Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 24(1):95-101.
- An open source implementation of PakBus™ protocol. S. Choudhury and M. Macduff, "Linux based software for data collection from Campbell Data Loggers" - Invention Report, 15895-E, 2008.