Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
Tara Gibson is a computer scientist with a diverse background in semantic data management, provenance capture, and collaboratory environments. She is experienced as a project lead and software developer relating to research in these areas. Gibson began working at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in 2004 after obtaining her Bachelors of Science in Computer Science at George Fox University. She is interested in technical growth and the fulfillment of new and interesting research.
- Scientific database management
- Data integration and access
- Data and Workflow Provenance
- Collaboratory Environments
Education and Credentials
- B.S. Computer Science, George Fox University, May 2004
- Gibson TD, S Ciraci, P Sharma, CH Allwardt, MJ Rice, and BA Akyol. 2014. "An integrated security framework for GOSS power grid analytics platform." In 44th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2014), June 23-26, 2014, Atlanta, Georgia, pp. 786-791. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ.
- Hafen RP, TD Gibson, K Kleese van Dam, and TJ Critchlow. 2014. "Power Grid Data Analysis with R and Hadoop." Chapter 1 in Data Mining Applications with R, ed. Y Zhao and Y Cen, pp. 1-34. Academic Press, Waltham, MA.
- Gorton I, J Yin, BA Akyol, S Ciraci, T Critchlow, Y Liu, TD Gibson, S Purohit, P Sharma, and M Vlachopoulou. 2013. "GridOPTICS(TM) A Novel Software Framework for Integrating Power Grid Data Storage, Management and Analysis." In Proceedings of the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-46), January 7-10, 2013, Maui, Hawaii, ed. RH Sprague, Jr., pp. 2167 -2176. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/HICSS.2013.243
- Gibson TD, AV Kulkarni, K Kleese van Dam, and TJ Critchlow. 2011. "The Feasibility of Moving PMU Data in the Future Power Grid." In CIGRE Canada Conference on Power Systems: Promoting Better Interconnected Power Systems, September 6-8, 2011, Hallifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. CIGRE, Halifax, NS, Canada.
- Gibson TD, KL Schuchardt, and EG Stephan. 2009. "Application of Named Graphs Towards Custom Provenance Views." In 1st Workshop on the Theory and Practice of Provenance (TaPP '09), p. Paper No. 5. USENIX, Berkeley, CA.
- Stephan EG, TD Halter, TD Gibson, N Beagley, and KL Schuchardt. 2009. "A Multi-Tier Provenance Model for Global Climate Research." In International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems (NBIS '09), August 19-21, 2009, Indianapolis, Indiana , pp. 481-486. IEEE, Piscataway, NJ. doi:10.1109/NBiS.2009.16
- Moreau L, BT Ludaescher, I Altintas, RS Barga, S Bowers, SP Callahan, G Chin, Jr, B Clifford, S Cohen, S Cohen-Boulakia, S Davidson, E Deelman, L digiampietri, IT Foster, J Freire, J Frew, J Futrelle, TD Gibson, Y Gil, C Goble, J Golbeck, P Groth, DA Holland, S Jiang, J Kim, D Koop, A Krenek, T McPhillips, G Mehta, S Miles, D Metzger, S Munroe, JD Myers, BA Plale, Podhorszki, V Ratnakar, S Emanuele , CE scheidegger, KL Schuchardt, MI Seltzer, YL Simmhan, ST Claudio, P Slaughter, EG Stephan, R Stevens, D Turi, HT Vo, MJ Wilde, J Zhao, and Y Zhao. 2008. "Special Issue: The First Provenance Challenge ." Concurrency and Computation. Practice & Experience 20(5):409-418. doi:10.1002/cpe.v20:5
- Paulson PR, TD Gibson, KL Schuchardt, and EG Stephan. 2008. Provenance Store Evaluation. PNNL-17237, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA.
- Schuchardt KL, TD Gibson, EG Stephan, and G Chin, Jr. 2008. "Applying Content Management to Automated Provenance Capture ." Concurrency and Computation. Practice & Experience 20(5):541-554.
- Shah AR, M Singhal, TD Gibson, C Sivaramakrishnan, KM Waters, and I Gorton. 2008. "An extensible, scalable architecture for managing bioinformatics data and analysis." In IEEE 4th International Conference on e-Science, December 7-12, 2008, Indianapolis, Indiana, pp. 190-197. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/eScience.2008.69
- Talbott TD, MR Peterson, J Schwidder, and JD Myers. 2005. "Adapting the Electronic Laboratory Notebook for the Semantic Era." In Proceedings of the 2005 International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems, May 15-20, 2005, pp. 136-143. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA. doi:10.1109/ISCST.2005.1553305
- Gibson TD, KL Schuchardt, and EG Stephan. 2008. "Application of Provenance for Automated and Research Driven Workflows." In Second International Provenance and Annotation Workshop.
- Schuchardt KL, T Gibson, EG Stephan, and G Chin Jr. 2008. "Applying Content Management to Automated Provenance Capture." Concurrency and Computation. Practice & Experience 20(5):541-554.
- Talbott TD, KL Schuchardt, EG Stephan, and JD Myers. 2006. "Mapping Physical Formats to Logical Models to Extract Data and Metadata: The Defuddle Parsing Engine." In IPAW'06 International Provenance and Annotation Workshop, Chicago, Illinois, May 3-5, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 4145, Luc Moreau and Ian Foster, Editors, pp. 73-81. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany.
Schwidder J, TD Talbott, and JD Myers. 2005. "Bootstrapping to a Semantic Grid." In Semantic Infrastructure for Grid Computing Applications 2005. CEUR-WS Workshop Proceedings, Vol.138. Aachen, Germany. Available online.
- Talbott TD, M Peterson, J Schwidder, and JD Myers. 2005. "Adapting the Electronic Laboratory Notebook for the Semantic Era." In Proceedings of the 2005 International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems, IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, California, pp. 136-143. DOI:10.1109/ISCST.2005.1553305
Myers, JD, M Peterson, KP Saripalli, and T Talbott. 2004. "Electronic Notebooks: An Interface Component for Semantic Records Systems." 227th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting, Anaheim, CA, March 28-April 1, 2004. Available online.
- Myers, JD, M Peterson, KP Saripalli, and T Talbott. 2004. "Electronic Notebooks: An Interface Component for Semantic Records Systems." Abstracts of Papers of the American Chemical Society, Part 1,Vol. 227. Abstract Number 076-CINF, Washington, American Chemical Society, pp. U689-U689.