Health Impacts and Exposure Science
Contact: Dr. Brian Thrall
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's Health Impacts and Exposure Science Group contains research staff and facilities to deliver integrated, science-based solutions to complex health effects problems related to the environment.
The group consists of staff with a broad range of technical capabilities, providing a strong base for interdisciplinary integration within the group, as well as external to the group. Activities within the group nurture a hand-in-hand connection between experimental research and theoretical modeling.
- Exposure Science
- Multi-Scale Virtual Respiratory System Models for Dosimetry Prediction
- Radiation Biology
- Nondestructive Imaging, Spectroscopy, and Magnetic Nanoparticle Detection
- Structural Biology
Core Technical Capabilities
Our core technical capabilities are listed here.
- Computational modeling
- Whole animal imaging
- NMR for metabolomics
- Internal dosimetry
Our wide range of industrial and government clients include
- National Institutes of Health
- Environmental Protection Agency;
- Department of Energy
- Centers for Disease Control;
- Chemical, pharmaceutical, and consumer product firms.