Climate Physics Educ Devl
Post Doctorate RA B
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
- Structure and evolution of tropical and mid-latitude deep convection
- Remote sensing of clouds and cloud property retrievals
- High resolution simulations of deep convective systems
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Atmospheric Sciences, University of North Dakota
- M.S., Atmospheric Sciences, University of North Dakota
- B.S., Atmospheric Sciences, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Affiliations and Professional Service
- American Meteorological Society
- American Geophysical Union
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Graduate Dissertations Award, Chinese-American Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (COAA), 2013.
- Peter V. Hobbs Prize, American Meteorological Society 13th Conference on Cloud Physics, 2009.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Overall, Department of Atmospheric Science, University of North Dakota, 2009.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher, Department of Atmospheric Science, University of North Dakota, 2007.
- Sun Yet-Sen University Scholarship, 2000-2003.
- Feng Z, X Dong, B Xi, SA McFarlane, A Kennedy, B Lin, and P Minnis. 2012. "Life Cycle of Midlatitude Deep Convective Systems in a Lagrangian Framework." Journal of Geophysical Research. D. (Atmospheres) 117:D23201. doi:10.1029/2012JD018362